Turn on thread page Beta

Feelings are actually getting me down now.. advice? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, here it is, theres this guy and ive knew him since the first day of college really, as he's in my form and another one of my classes. I didnt speak to him much at first and he deffinately wasn't my type but then around the June08 exams we started talking on myspace/msn etc. mostly about exams etc. at the time, but then we started getting closer, talking all the time, texting a lot aswell. We still speak pretty much everyday, and the conversation never runs dry, even if we're just talking a load of bull i never run out of anything to say, i can talk to him about pretty much anything as hes just amazing tbh. He is PERFECT for me, and i mean perfect! He is EVERYTHING i could ever look for in a man, hes kind, funny, he reads the times and the independant instead of nuts, he 's so interlectual and just facinating, hes good looking (well i think so, and deffinately since ive got know him i now find him really attractive).

I'm the girl who moans about my friends when they stay in with their bfs, and i moan about people settling down at my age and stuff, but seriously, hes the one i could give it up for, i could actually marry him tomorow he is that perfect, i think we're just made for eachother tbh. I hate living round here, i cant wait to move away for uni, but again, he's the one i could stay here for, which ive always said i would do for no one. . But everything has changed since weve got closer, my opinions on so many things have changed, he has affected me soo much its unreal. But anway, i just don't know if he likes me in any other way that a friend at all, he has quite a few female friends, but surely he cant be texting and talking to them as much as he talks to me, he would have no time!!

It's the little things too, they way he will stupidly text me something in class, even though hes sitting across the room, then i watch him read my text back and the way he smiles and oohh i turn to jelly thinking about it now!! GOSH cheesy i know. He did say quite a while ago, i cant remember the full conversation, but he was talking about how weird it would be to date a friend or something, which thinking about it, yeah seems like a pretty big hint, but apart from that he doesnt act like we're just friends a lot of the time. Hes told me im the first person he looks for when he signs on and stuff, he went on a lads holiday and obv i didnt text him while he was away as i didnt want to seem a bit.. clingey, but he text things like "i cant beleive you havent text me! ", he will sign off msn then text me straight away, he'll always cheer me up and he makes me laugh so much! In clas he will say something stupid and then just smile at me for ages, and i catch him looking at me sometimes and as im looking at him i usually quickly look away but im sure he is. And god i sound like a little 10 yr old with a crush but it really isnt like that, it would take me all year to explain everything, the things he says that you just wouldnt say to a female FRIEND, other things too , like he rang me when he was drunk once and i could hear his friends going "is that mary* is that mary*??", so they obv know who i am, one of his female friends (who has a bf) also ive never spoken to her in my life, but if she walks past me round college she really smiles at me as if she knows me, which makes me wonder if hes spoke to her about me.

I just think we are perfect for eachother tbh, and i like him that much that its actually getting me down now! Theres these girls in my class and ones a bit of a joker, you know the type? The one that does make you laugh but secretly you think JUST FOOK OFF!! in your head lol? He's always laughing at her now and i read on her comments that he's added her on msn and the thought of them speaking.. getting closer like we did actually made me feel physically sick this is not normal! I compare him to other guys as if hes my bf.. and obviously NO ONE compares to him because he is just bloody amazing . I just dont know what to do anymore, i know i have to do something before somebody else realises how amazing he is and snaps him up, if he got with that girl in my class, even though he is 65745845 times too good for her! And she is the complete opposite to me personality wise, and is just NOT suited to him i actually wouldnt be able to go to class, it would kill me to see them together =|.

Im scared to tell him because i think, 'ok if he liked you something would have happened' but then weve never been out just the 2 of us, we keep saying were going to, or go round eachothers and get drunk (his idea lol) but it just hasnt happened yet, but he is such a big part of my life if he turns round and says he doesnt like me in that way at all i really dont know what i would do =| everything would change, and with exams coming up i dont really want to be feeling that depressed or it will be even worse when i fail. God if anyone has read this far you deserve a bloody medal!!! But any advice would be good advice, i cant keep feeling like this, it makes my day when he texts me and it wrecks my day when i see him talking to HER -.- I just dont understand how i can feel this way about someone i have never even kissed! I love/like w.e him more than any boyfriend ive ever had, its just getting out of hand now. Anyway moan/ramble/cry for help over. Someone helpppp ?

*name changed for obvious reasons lol

ReputationRep:
    paragraph it out and i'll read it and comment :P

ReputationRep:
    'ok if he liked you something would have happened'
    Maybe he's thinking the same thing? Maybe he's different to other guys in some respects, but when it comes down to it he may just be a typical guy; too unsure to come forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsystoleUK)
    Maybe he's thinking the same thing? Maybe he's different to other guys in some respects, but when it comes down to it he may just be a typical guy; too unsure to come forward.
    Yeah thats what i sometimes think! argh i hate it!

ReputationRep:
    Well, go for it. It looks pretty solid for me, and if your feelings are that strong you can't ignore them

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like he's giving you all the 'I LIKE YOU' signals. He might as well have written it on his forehead...he's just unsure!!
    Let him know you like him, really explicitly. Or just like, y'know, make the first move??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Sounds to me like he's giving you all the 'I LIKE YOU' signals. He might as well have written it on his forehead...he's just unsure!!
    Let him know you like him, really explicitly. Or just like, y'know, make the first move??
    OP, buy him a marker.

ReputationRep:
    I think you definitely need to put your foot down and arrange to go out, just the two of you. I think you'll be able to work out from that whether he is treating you like a mate, or whether it's more - if it feels like more of a date etc. You might not even need to say anything - I was in a similar position to you, when we finally went out (as in, just the two of us for the first time), it felt like a date, although I wasn't sure etc, and at the end of the night he kissed me... didn't need to say anything!
    I think it will feel more natural for you if you let things progress just by meeting up together alone. It also means you don't have to risk the friendship by telling him you like him and him not feeling the same. Arrange to meet up, then once you are there, see what happens. I know it's scary but you have to do it! Otherwise, you could be stuck in limbo for ages; not knowing is worse than knowing, at least you can move on if you do. You'll regret it if he gets with someone else etc, I think you should use this other girl as ammo to motivate yourself sort of thing, and to think "I have to do something now before it's too late".
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    I think you definitely need to put your foot down and arrange to go out, just the two of you. I think you'll be able to work out from that whether he is treating you like a mate, or whether it's more - if it feels like more of a date etc. You might not even need to say anything - I was in a similar position to you, when we finally went out (as in, just the two of us for the first time), it felt like a date, although I wasn't sure etc, and at the end of the night he kissed me... didn't need to say anything!
    I think it will feel more natural for you if you let things progress just by meeting up together alone. It also means you don't have to risk the friendship by telling him you like him and him not feeling the same. Arrange to meet up, then once you are there, see what happens. I know it's scary but you have to do it! Otherwise, you could be stuck in limbo for ages; not knowing is worse than knowing, at least you can move on if you do. You'll regret it if he gets with someone else etc, I think you should use this other girl as ammo to motivate yourself sort of thing, and to think "I have to do something now before it's too late".
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you!
    aww im glad it worked out for you thanks i hope it works the same! yeah your right i deffinately need to do something, the fact we leave college soon too doesnt really help as it sort of puts a time limit on things. I shall follow your advice aha thanks

ReputationRep:
    any body else been in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnotherLostStudent)
    any body else been in the same situation?
    such a massive thread starter!! but i read it
    i was kind of in the same situation except my friend wasnt actually into me until about a year after this started for me. he made the first move, i went along and now we're going out goodluck, i say, make your mark, BE the best friend. gives you leverage to rip it out of any cow he might like, without getting you in a bad place. be vulnerable, let him take care of you once and then see how that affects him. dont overdo it! :yep:

i just realised that the last comment was last year... woops, i hope it sorted itself!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.