Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hia gang, anybody able to link me to some statistics on the number of privately educated people at each university?

Thanks in advance and happy mothers day.

ReputationRep:
    The push guide has a comprehensive: private ratio i think.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like a good bit of inverse snobbery, is there?

Push? University websites? The Sunday Times profiles show what a university's state intake is. But this doesn't tell you much as state can mean anything from a failing school, a good comprehensive, an excellent comprehensive (often faith schools with a different ethos), a grammar school.....all very different. It's the same with private schools, the standard of them really can vary. People are individuals and they shouldn't be defined by their school.

There's no site that will tell you the number of "Preppies" or "Rahs" (who can come from state and private) at a university.

ReputationRep:
    er why does it matter? At the end of the day everyone is in the same boat and it doesn't matter what type of school you were educated at.

ReputationRep:
    There are some statistics here; rather old, but I doubt they've changed a great deal in five years.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest it doesn't really bother me...as long as I get on with them who cares what school they went to.

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian has stats on a bunch of different things including most private school kids.

Also, check out Push.co.uk.

ReputationRep:
    depends on courses. but i don't think it should really matter.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.