Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone!
    I've received offers from all of my 5 choices but I'm quite confused what to choose, which uni has the best business school and, of course, which town is the best place for an international student like me - cheap,friendly,etc.? Here are my 5 universities:

Newcastle University
    Exeter University
    Nottingham Trent University
    Hull University
    Cardiff University

Please,tell me something more about Exeter or Nottingham Trent coz I'm wondering between them...Is it true that Exeter is too expensive?
    Thanks in advance! (:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jolly18)
    Hi, everyone!
    I've received offers from all of my 5 choices but I'm quite confused what to choose, which uni has the best business school and, of course, which town is the best place for an international student like me - cheap,friendly,etc.? Here are my 5 universities:

Newcastle University
    Exeter University
    Nottingham Trent University
    Hull University
    Cardiff University

Please,tell me something more about Exeter or Nottingham Trent coz I'm wondering between them...Is it true that Exeter is too expensive?
    Thanks in advance! (:
    Firstly, for which course? What is B&M? Business and management?

I would say:
    Exeter > Newcastle > Cardiff > Nottingham Trent > Hull

Also, in regards to fees, since you're an international student, you would have to contact each university and find out for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, it's Business&Management (:

I know about the fees, don't worry ;] I just don't know what to pick up coz Trent has the highest employability percentage,then Exeter->Newcastle,ect. But I know that Exeter is an expensive one and is in the middle of nowhere I think so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jolly18)
    yeah, it's Business&Management (:

I know about the fees, don't worry ;] I just don't know what to pick up coz Trent has the highest employability percentage,then Exeter->Newcastle,ect. But I know that Exeter is an expensive one and is in the middle of nowhere I think so...
    With regards to employability, if you have a look at unistats.com you can see what graduates from last year went on to do - it's more useful than the standard percentage as it gives a breakdown of roles. So if that's important in your decision, it's useful to know. The site also gives the data for student satisfaction, entry points, degree completion, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Exeter wins! It's meant to be a really nice place aswell and has a very high student satisfaction rating.

ReputationRep:
    I agree on Exeter,it's a better uni than the others,that's a fact,but do you know something about the city? like is it expensive as I know, are rents high, could I find a well-paid job easy? These are the things that concerns me about Exeter. Nottingham is cheaper and bigger...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 22, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.