nokia 5800 XpressMusic, LG Renoir, LG Cookie... Which one? Watch

jamieollie124
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm looking for a touch screen music phone.
The Nokia has more bass and more customizable for music, yet the renoir has an amazing camera too... The cookie is a third choice, since I can get a contract for £12.50 p/m (18months)

All have contracts for £20 to £30, so the price is no different.

Any help?
Mokert23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can speak for Orange only.

Nokia 5800 is a very good music phone comes with an 8GB memory card at the moment.

Renior is more focused on the camera - the interface is very different as well. Have a look in store and you can tell the small differences.

Nokia on the whole I would say are more reliable, battery life is very good as well.

Cookie is OK. Basically a low-end user phone, that's why it's available on PAYG and cheaper contracts. The Renoir and 5800 are out of its league.

Personally I would go for the 5800. Nokia brand is appealing but he size and shape of the phone I prefer and the Renoir's camera doesn't swing it for me.
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have the LG Renoir. Most the time I like it but sometimes there's a couple fo things about it that annoy me. Some of the buttons are in silly places so you end up touching them by mistake. It takes a little while to get used to. It has an option that makes the phone vibrate when you touch it which i like. Has no games though the camera is excellent and it comes with an 8gb memory card. The battery doesn't last that long and the screen scratches easily. However, it's sleek and modern looking and does what it says on the box.
jamieollie124
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Mokert23)
I can speak for Orange only.

Nokia 5800 is a very good music phone comes with an 8GB memory card at the moment.

Renior is more focused on the camera - the interface is very different as well. Have a look in store and you can tell the small differences.

Nokia on the whole I would say are more reliable, battery life is very good as well.

Cookie is OK. Basically a low-end user phone, that's why it's available on PAYG and cheaper contracts. The Renoir and 5800 are out of its league.

Personally I would go for the 5800. Nokia brand is appealing but he size and shape of the phone I prefer and the Renoir's camera doesn't swing it for me.

Ahh, perfet summary there. I wasn't sure about the cookie because of the ultra-low price for what it is, so thanks for clearing it up. Pretty much made my mind up thanks to you, I was edging toward the nokia but wasn't 100% sure.

(Original post by kat2pult)
I have the LG Renoir. Most the time I like it but sometimes there's a couple fo things about it that annoy me. Some of the buttons are in silly places so you end up touching them by mistake. It takes a little while to get used to. It has an option that makes the phone vibrate when you touch it which i like. Has no games though the camera is excellent and it comes with an 8gb memory card. The battery doesn't last that long and the screen scratches easily. However, it's sleek and modern looking and does what it says on the box.
Cheers too, helps alot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
30%
No (42)
70%

Watched Threads