Turn on thread page Beta

Facebook is being flooded with "R.I.P Jade Goody" watch

ReputationRep:
    Now I know it's a sad occurance and I feel for her and her family, especially it being on Mothers day.

But what's with random people writing this, these same people were most likely calling her racist scum not long ago. They don't even know her, why does nobody else apart from people in magazines get RIP status updates?

I know it's respect etc. I just think it's lame, there's loads of people that I've never met that die each day. I feel like finding a complete random person on the internet that has died today, and wishing him/her a rest in piece thingy. lolz

ReputationRep:
    Keep to the other thread please.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The other thread asks for no negative comments.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool, she died then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Now I know it's a sad occurance and I feel for her and her family, especially it being on Mothers day.

But what's with random people writing this, these same people were most likely calling her racist scum not long ago. They don't even know her, why does nobody else apart from people in magazines get RIP status updates?

I know it's respect etc. I just think it's lame, there's loads of people that I've never met that die each day. I feel like finding a complete random person on the internet that has died today, and wishing him/her a rest in piece thingy. lolz
    Did you expect anything else from a site that encourages you to record your actions and thoughts? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Oh cool, she died then?
    yeah lol, news to me

ReputationRep:
    It's never too early for jokes!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP. Its not as if we say RIP on this scale to every infamous person that dies.

ReputationRep:
    It was just yesterday that me and my friends were wondering when she would die.

ReputationRep:

I don't really know what to advise...get new friends?

ReputationRep:
    Get!! Sickipedia has crashed.

ReputationRep:
    I think the whol 'RIP' thing is way too overplayed - people should find another way to mark their respect.

ReputationRep:
    As a relative of several cancer sufferers, someone who has raised money for cancer charities and has worked with terminally ill cancer patients, Jade Goody's conduct throughout this whole affair disgusts me. The people I really feel for, or would if I really could convince myself that I give a toss for people I've never met, are her kids. They're the real victims in this whole mess.

Already people are praising her for 'raising awareness'. That's akin to me 'raising awareness' for disabled people because I'm currently on crutches. The national outpouring of grief by the general public who never met her, and more than likely ****ged her off with equal vehemence over her past transgressions (racism, etc) are the type of people that make me sick. This whole **** started with Princess Diana, it's ghoulish, disgusting and un-British.

Q. What's the difference between cancer and a goat?

A. Jade Goody and Max Clifford can't milk a goat.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You could always join a 'I Hate Jade Goody' group? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)
    Get!! Sickipedia has crashed.

Everyone running on to post the jokes they've been waiting for the opportunity to post :p:

ReputationRep:
    i don't even know who she is :/

ReputationRep:

i dont get people like you, you don't know her and clearly don't care so why are you so bothered to make threads about it.

Jade was obviously not everyones favourite person but deep down I believe she was a good person with a really tough upbringing. her big mistake was her comment to shilpa shetty but when you actually calm down and listen to what she said, she didnt say it out of racism she was simply ignorant and she could not of done anymore to apologise.

she allowed her decline into death to be in all the magazines for a number of reasons. the main one being to raise alot of money so she can die knowing her children will be ok (if you think thats wrong then you will never make a good parent) and secondly she raised alot of awareness about cancer in young females, so much so tests were up 25% recently!

So i for one hopes she does rest in peace. Shes a good woman, a good mother and a good person who was taken from this world too soon.

R.I.P Jade xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Everyone running on to post the jokes they've been waiting for the opportunity to post :p:
    Haha yep. I'm sure there'll be some gems up there once people stop "mashing f5".

ReputationRep:
    I agree with OP too. As far as I'm concerned it's about time - there are so many women out there with cervical cancer who are going to die from it - over 2000 women in the UK every year, the vast majority much more deserving of all that money and sympathy (as in they've not been racist *****es or married convicted thugs) yet they get no attention at all. This one woman, with nothing half-decent to her name except milking a bad situation for all the money and sympathy that it was worth (okay, she's going to provide for her sons, that's about the only good thing she's done) suddenly gets all these RIP comments?! No-one really gives a **** about her. I feel sorry for her kids, but that's it. Even with that, I think they'll be better off living with their real dad where they won't have a bimbo and a thug for parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    As a relative of several cancer sufferers, someone who has raised money for cancer charities and has worked with terminally ill cancer patients, Jade Goody's conduct throughout this whole affair disgusts me. The people I really feel for, or would if I really could convince myself that I give a toss for people I've never met, are her kids. They're the real victims in this whole mess.

Already people are praising her for 'raising awareness'. That's akin to me 'raising awareness' for disabled people because I'm currently on crutches. The national outpouring of grief by the general public who never met her, and more than likely ****ged her off with equal vehemence over her past transgressions (racism, etc) are the type of people that make me sick. This whole **** started with Princess Diana, it's ghoulish, disgusting and un-British.

Q. What's the difference between cancer and a goat?

A. Jade Goody and Max Clifford can't milk a goat.

well aren't you just a walking, talking Daily Mail.

your worried about her kids? she did everything she possibly could to raise money for them before she died. what would you do just die and leave your kids with nothing if there was the opportunity to leave them millions?

and yes the facts show she has raised awareness, you are not raising any awareness with your crutches as you ar not famous and not in the public eye, get it?

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.