Turn on thread page Beta

Bored/Never busy! watch

Announcements

Well that was a slight exaggeration (never busy) but I find myself nearly never actually being busy. I mean I go out with friends maybe every week or so and that's alright but I'm usually stuck at home most of the time just wasting my time on the PC or watching TV. I realise that probably the best way to get more busy is to join some sort of club but I'm quite a shy person and I never really like it when I'm with people that I don't know at all because I just sort of stay in one corner or just isolate myself from the rest of the group.

I mean the only way I'd join a club was if I knew people in it already and so I could be closer with them but the majority of my friends are quite similar to me and the ones that aren't usually go out with other friends (that I don't know and so would feel quite weird) and also they go to some clubs but usually sport ones and I'm not a huge fan of sports (I like to watch them but fail at playing any).

It's quite weird because I'm a guy who gets easily bored and so I like to keep myself constantly busy yet I'm quite shy at the same time so it's practically impossible for that to happen.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I spend my time on here, leading the 'dems. Thats how i keep busy.

ReputationRep:
    Go for walks? Think up a hobby you can do by yourself (golf, photography, reading, etc)? Hit the nail on the head and just go a club? If you don't like it, you don'tt have to go back.

(Original post by kat2pult)
    Go for walks? Think up a hobby you can do by yourself (golf, photography, reading, etc)? Hit the nail on the head and just go a club? If you don't like it, you don'tt have to go back.
    It's not like I've not tried. I used to go to a tennis club to try be more active and because I really enjoy tennis (although I fail at playing). It wasn't too bad but I got too shy at times and always felt like the odd one out because I could never approach people easily and so it made it much harder to try find people to play and stuff so eventually I quit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not like I've not tried. I used to go to a tennis club to try be more active and because I really enjoy tennis (although I fail at playing). It wasn't too bad but I got too shy at times and always felt like the odd one out because I could never approach people easily and so it made it much harder to try find people to play and stuff so eventually I quit.

My trick = act confident, even though I don't feel it. Avoid looking miserable. Don't slouch, make yourself look approachable! Go back to tennis, people might be like 'ohh I remember you, where've you been?'. If not, try another tennis club.

I respect that you've tried, but it appears that you've tried within your own safety zone. I can understand that, it's not easy to get out of it, but be daring

Good luck!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.