?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
delete
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes... That sounds about right... You could also consider getting a job...
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Tuition Fee Loan will go straight to your university, the Maintenance Loan and Maintenance Grant will go into your bank at three or so different points in the year.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
The Tuition Fee Loan will go straight into your bank, the Maintenance Loan and Maintenance Grant will go into your bank at three or so different points in the year.
Er, no, that goes to your university- you never see that money.
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well you have another 2000 left over, i don't see the problem
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
The Tuition Fee Loan will go straight into your bank, the Maintenance Loan and Maintenance Grant will go into your bank at three or so different points in the year.
Is the maintenance loan and maintenance grant two different sums of money? so in OPs case, is it roughly 5000?
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're right, OP.
Tuition loan goes straight to the Uni, maintenance grants and loans go straight to you- it's up to you then.

I hope you're not doing some sort of Business/Finance/Accounting degree...
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)
Er, no, that goes to your university- you never see that money.
Sorry, I meant university.
reddevilleanne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't forget that you might also be eligible for a bursary from your Uni aswell.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
Is the maintenance loan and maintenance grant two different sums of money? so in OPs case, is it roughly 5000?
Yup, but he doesn't have to pay back the grant.
Collingwood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
So, am I right to assume that... I won't see any of the fee loan
Yes.

the maintenance loan will pay for my accommodation, and I'll buy food/books with the maintenance grant?

Thank you
The maintenance loan and grant are just lump sums paid to you based on your parents' income that doesnt necessarily correlate with your costs. Depending on where you live, it may cost more or less than £3.4k to pay for your accomodation. But unless you're living in London, you should be able to get by on what you have. The only difference between the loan and the grant is that you eventually have to pay the loan back, whereas the grant is a 'gift' that you get to keep.
Jennie1987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You know that the grant takes out the same amount of your loan right? So you get the same £3,225 but £ 2,906 you dont have to pay back...
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One you pay back one you dont but you end up with the same amount so £3000 with only £1000 to pay back.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jennie1987)
One you pay back one you dont but you end up with the same amount so £3000 with only £1000 to pay back.
Ah right ok ty so........................ There's the maintenance loan which i can get 75% of right without providing any form of financial details? And the maintenance grant which is additional money based on my parents income?
But, the money i get in total will be the same just what i have to pay back is different?
If so, can i leave out all the financial details because tbh, the money isn't worth the hassle, i can probably buy a peanut or two with all this ******* faffing about
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah right ok ty so........................ There's the maintenance loan which i can get 75% of right without providing any form of financial details? And the maintenance grant which is additional money based on my parents income?
But, the money i get in total will be the same just what i have to pay back is different?
If so, can i leave out all the financial details because tbh, the money isn't worth the hassle, i can probably buy a peanut or two with all this ******* faffing about
Yes the total will be the same what you pay back is different, if you want to have less money for not filling stuff out sure do it but its 25% less then you could get...
Direct Gov says
If you qualify for help through the Maintenance Grant, some may be paid instead of the Student Loan for Maintenance.

If you get the Special Support Grant, it doesn’t affect how much you’re entitled to through the Student Loan for Maintenance.

The maximum you can get for either grant is:

£2,906 in academic year 2009/2010
And I was told on the phone grant cancels out loans as ive told you so just be prepared, any grant they give as well as the equivalence in loan is just bonus. But you know youll never know until you apply
Jennie1987
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks to the mystery repper! From this thread at 18.52
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
26.77%
No (93)
73.23%

Watched Threads