Screwed over my best mate, what to do? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
A few weeks ago i developed a major crush on a girl from college
i was talking to my best mate about what i was going to do and he said i should go for it and ask her out
after i put in a lot of groundwork with this girl, he starts acting a bit weird round her
i asumed he fancied her, but when i asked him about it, he say no he doesnt, im being paranoid
the following day he starts hitting on her, when were out with mates, and the rest of the group notice as well
the group splits, and we ditch them, (not just them 2)
they are now goin out
im trying to take the "moral highground" by not getting involved and letting them get on with it, figuring, if happyer going out with her, than being friends with me, then thats what he should do.

its his birthday coming up soon, and back when we were friends we decided we'd have a present buying pool, to save cash
i was buying his

in an attempt to save my possibly already failed friendship, i want to get him something meaningful, but i dont have any photos to make anything with them

any ideas
(and also, am i right to do this)
Electric_Dreams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest... If I were you I'd be majorly annoyed with him right now.
temptationsu
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your friendship to be honest is over!!
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
******* girls!

I would have a talk to him about it before his birthday. You are a guy, you know how girls can get in your head and mess things up.
jennyng2000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i find it weird that your mate need to say sorry to you but you are to one trying to make it up to him. hes not your mate forget about him
GΣΣЌ
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One word springs to mind, Vengeance
An eye for an eye, he screws you over now you must screw him over. Justice must be served.
Here's a quick hint to get you started, plot a scheme that will destory their relationship.
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Very sensible letting them get on with it. Good for you.

Just try and act totally normal around them
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If he does that he's not much of a mate, is he?
LooieENG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A few weeks ago i developed a major crush on a girl from college
i was talking to my best mate about what i was going to do and he said i should go for it and ask her out
after i put in a lot of groundwork with this girl, he starts acting a bit weird round her
i asumed he fancied her, but when i asked him about it, he say no he doesnt, im being paranoid
the following day he starts hitting on her, when were out with mates, and the rest of the group notice as well
the group splits, and we ditch them, (not just them 2)
they are now goin out
im trying to take the "moral highground" by not getting involved and letting them get on with it, figuring, if happyer going out with her, than being friends with me, then thats what he should do.

its his birthday coming up soon, and back when we were friends we decided we'd have a present buying pool, to save cash
i was buying his

in an attempt to save my possibly already failed friendship, i want to get him something meaningful, but i dont have any photos to make anything with them

any ideas
(and also, am i right to do this)
What? It should be HIM trying to save your friendship.
Ms Kooky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your mate's clearly never heard of bros before hos...

But kudos for trying to be the bigger man. If you want to try and save your friendship, I'd suggest you had a chat with him before the birthday.
lolicampbell
Report 9 years ago
perhaps just ask someone else involved with the pool to swap with you so you don't need to worry about it?
Lachlan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your friend sounds like a ****.
kultist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ITT, everyone who has posted so far apart from me is lame and should GTFO. Let me give you the rundown on the situation. There are two things that could have happened:

1) You were being retarded and weren't putting any proper groundwork in at all so she didn't know you really fancied her, and took so long to ask her out that your mate rightly thought you were being a pusseh and thought he might as well ask her out before some complete randomer did it instead. In this case you have only yourself to blame, so you might as well stop being a ***** about it and be mates with him again.

2) You weren't being retarded, you put in proper groundwork, the reason you didn't ask her out is because she didn't give you a chance, and she didn't give you a chance because SHE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU. This was obvious to everyone around but your crush afflicted self, your friend probably found out from one of her friends that she wasn't interested in you and tried to break it to you very gently but you didn't realise, and then asked her out because she's into him. In this case, you wouldn't have been getting any action anyways so why do you care what your friend does? Is he supposed to stay celibate in solidarity with you? Get over yourself, stop being such an emo and go back to being friends with both of them.
falls_whisper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LooieENG)
What? It should be HIM trying to save your friendship.
:ditto: Exactly, how the hell did YOU screw up your friendship?!
Jingers
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How did you break your friendship?

Anyways, keep it M.O.B.
member101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Memorable birthday presents are the best. Those which have a meaning behind them.
I suggest telling him you masturbate over said girl.
ktib
Report 9 years ago
Good for you that you are still willing to try and save the friendship. If it were me, no way, I would have only wanted to kick his ass for screwing me over.So yeah I think you are doing the right thing - you are being the better person.
Dijobla
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why the hell are you making him presents? Just live your life and if one day you become friends again after they break or the dust settles then good for you. Don't lose any sleep over it.
mr-breaker
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kultist)
1) You were being retarded and weren't putting any proper groundwork in at all so she didn't know you really fancied her, and took so long to ask her out that your mate rightly thought you were being a pusseh and thought he might as well ask her out before some complete randomer did it instead. In this case you have only yourself to blame, so you might as well stop being a ***** about it and be mates with him again.

2) You weren't being retarded, you put in proper groundwork, the reason you didn't ask her out is because she didn't give you a chance, and she didn't give you a chance because SHE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU. This was obvious to everyone around but your crush afflicted self, your friend probably found out from one of her friends that she wasn't interested in you and tried to break it to you very gently but you didn't realise, and then asked her out because she's into him. In this case, you wouldn't have been getting any action anyways so why do you care what your friend does? Is he supposed to stay celibate in solidarity with you? Get over yourself, stop being such an emo and go back to being friends with both of them.
Just in case the OP missed/ignored this post.
Remember women do the choosing.............
:yy:
amrizzle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grow some balls mate, he needs to be making the effort, not you!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed