Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, last night when I was out I met this guy. We got with each other and then when we were smoking we got talking. He asked where I work, when I told him he was like 'Ohh, do you know ____?' Suddenly it clicked, this guy I'd been getting with all night was one of my best friend's ex. I'd never met him before and so had no idea. When I say 'ex' I know they've slept with each other in the last 2 weeks, but she said that that sex had made her realise she was over him.

I don't know what to do anymore. I've only known the girl just over 2 months, we've just got really close quickly. He keeeps texting me and says we don't have to tell her and wants me to meet up with him. The thing is, I know I only met him last night.. But I do quite like him. What do I do?

Do I tell her and ignore his texts? Do I ignore his texts and not tell her? Do I ask her if she'd mind if we started meeting up? Do I meet up with him without telling her?

I think I know what I'm supposed to do, I just don't want to do it and I'm looking for some kind of justification for wanting to do a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Are you good friends with her?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I do everything with her and we're going on holiday together.

ReputationRep:
    If you value your friendship Im afraid you're gonna have to leave it with the guy Im afraid. Sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do

ReputationRep:
    tbh, guys come and go.. and they're not worth losing a good friend over. So if I was you I would try to end it. Or just tell her what was going on and see her reaction. If she was okay with it then carry on. But if it made her feel uncomfortable forget the guy. Like I said, guys arent worth losing a friend.

ReputationRep:
    If you really were her friend you would have already known the answer and you wouldn't have even felt the need to post that problem on a forum... Leading on from this implication that you aren't really good friends, I suppose you could meet him... But still, '*****es (not females) get stitches' and all that.

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should choose your friend over the guy... especialy as she is such a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    I did the right thing. I told her and she was really glad I told her but told me he was her first love and that she would want to stab me in the face if it was any more than a random snog in a club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Summer's Dream)
    I did the right thing. I told her and she was really glad I told her but told me he was her first love and that she would want to stab me in the face if it was any more than a random snog in a club.
    Good for you for doing the right thing. Tbh, i don't think you did anything wrong as you didn't know who he was before you kissed him, but now that you know it's good that you've finished things before it got more serious.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.