Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who is starting at Aberdeen doing one of the medical sciences this September?

I am doing biomedical science

ReputationRep:
    I am also doing biomedical science :woo:

ReputationRep:
    genetics

ReputationRep:
    clinical pharmacology

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    hopefully you have all started the biomedical course.. i was just wondering if you could tell me about your experiences and about the course.. i have applied for biomedical science physiology

ReputationRep:
    So far this year it has all been very generalised. If you are doing a biological or medical science then you have to do Chemistry and Biology in the first term and an elective. In the second term if you are doing a medical science you have to carry on with Chemistry, Biology and your elective and if you are doing a biological science it is more likely that you will do Biology, Ecology and Enviromental Science and your elective. On the whole so far I have found it all quite easy as it is stuff that I covered in A-Levels, so it does ease you into the university life. You do labs/practicals once a week for chemistry and once a fortnight for biology and they are pretty standard, just showing you techniques and things like that. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah123123)
    So far this year it has all been very generalised. If you are doing a biological or medical science then you have to do Chemistry and Biology in the first term and an elective. In the second term if you are doing a medical science you have to carry on with Chemistry, Biology and your elective and if you are doing a biological science it is more likely that you will do Biology, Ecology and Enviromental Science and your elective. On the whole so far I have found it all quite easy as it is stuff that I covered in A-Levels, so it does ease you into the university life. You do labs/practicals once a week for chemistry and once a fortnight for biology and they are pretty standard, just showing you techniques and things like that. Hope that helps.
    thankyou
    what do you mean by elective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plimbu)
    thankyou
    what do you mean by elective
    You choose

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.