Trip to Pakistan in summer 2010 ? Watch

Torrentielle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi All

I'm a French- Moroccan law student planing to come to England next year.
I'm very passionated by Pakistan and India. I'm quite obssessed with these countries.
There are not a lot of people from there where I live, so it's hard to meet people..
Anyway, I'm planning to go to Pakistan and India in summer 2010. Of course I think it wont be a good idea for a 20 years old girl to travel alone, so I'd like to know if some people'd be interested to go.
If you already visited this part of the world and want to share about it, contact me !
Have a nice sunny sunday and thank you
Fatima
WolfSong2000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A good friend of mine is of Pakistani descent (her parents are Pakistani, but she considers herself to be English), and she has told me on numerous occasions how she will not go to Pakistan, because it's simply not safe...even more unsafe for a single woman to travel in that country alone - sorry, but I can't recommend it. The world's a big place and there are much more interesting - and safer! - places to travel
sk:n
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 15 and have been to Pakistan 11 times...
Even as a child I found quite...intimidated by the guysthere are some weirdos who follow you round the bazaar and stuff
Be v.carful-Pakistan is not what it used to be
jayman
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it used to be alright, but nowadays its a total ********. If the BNP get in power, il have to commit suicide cause aint no way im going to pakistan!
GΣΣЌ
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Having been to both Pakistan and India, I can tell you that there is a great security threat there at the moment, particularly Pakistan. India has some secure places that are well established within the tourist industry, but in Pakistan I'm afraid there is nothing to fascilitate foreigners. Go there at your own risk, there is great instability.

Security issues aside, for a 20 year old girl, especially a foreign one, it is not safe to be travelling around. If you'll wear western clothing, most men will be staring at you with a rapists look. Be sure to go with as many people as you can if you do decide to go.
Torrentielle
Rep:
?
Thank you for all your messages.
Yes, I know it's dangerous for a single girl to go alone, that's why I'm looking for buddies to go with !
Regarding the "intimidation caused by guys" I know what it is, it's totally the same in some places in Morocco.
As I'm very optimistic, I hope that things (especially politics) will be better till one year ( yes, yes). North of the country is to avoid.
I really don't want to believe all that the media are sending us of information about this country, I want to see by myself.
Regarding India...Have you ever been? Which places?
Thank you
bj_945
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lived in Islamabad when I was smaller. Everything was great then, but I"ve heard things have changed since

Can"t do summer, but might be interested autumn 09 lol

Peace x
zeb191
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Might not be the best idea going to Pakistan any time in the future, especially when you're not a native. Unless the current situation sorts itself out, I'd stay away..
johnbrown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why are you so desperate to go now? Why not just wait a few years until things have died down? Things are worse there now than they have ever been and the situation isn't improving. Just go to India this time and go to Pakistan another time.
jakeee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
where abouts in pakistan do you wanna go?
Torrentielle
Rep:
?
(Original post by johnbrown)
Why are you so desperate to go now? Why not just wait a few years until things have died down? Things are worse there now than they have ever been and the situation isn't improving. Just go to India this time and go to Pakistan another time.

I know, these are only plans.

For destination: I guess Karashi and then Pundjab to India.
Inquilaab
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Torrentielle)
Hi All

I'm very passionated by Pakistan and India. I'm quite obssessed with these countries.
There are not a lot of people from there where I live, so it's hard to meet people..
Anyway, I'm planning to go to Pakistan and India in summer 2010. Of course I think it wont be a good idea for a 20 years old girl to travel alone, so I'd like to know if some people'd be interested to go.
If you already visited this part of the world and want to share about it, contact me !
Fatima
a relative of mine whos french-algerian just visited Lahore and she has literally fallen in love with the city . You should be fine travelling alone as long as you don't end up in some very rural areas(but its better to travel with people, in any country).
LooieENG
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi All

Fatima
Just go to Bradford. Two birds with one stone.
hungryhippo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey i want 2 go 2 india this summer 2 , but i just want 2 know how hot its going 2 be...i mean, is it going 2 be uncomfortably humid (coz of the monsoony weather???)

but OP - ive been 2 india many times b4 (but not in the summer) and i can honestly say its defo worth going 2 - if ur going 2 punjab make sure u go 2 the golden temple. but security in indai seems pretty tight 2 me
J4GGYBoss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i dont know india might of bombed pakistan by then. But worth a try.
goat40
Report 9 years ago
Personally I would not go to Pakistan. My girlfriend has just travelled through it, from Karachi to Lahore over the course of about a week. They had a constant armed guard with them and one night they had no less than 24 armed police officers guarding the hotel (Of which they were the only occupants) including guys on the roof and were not allowed to leave.

She made it out safely but whilst she said it was a beautiful country the security situation and the fact all the local guys thought the girls in her group were some sort of freak show doesn't really sound appealing.

Its a real shame as by the sound of it it's a fantastically beautiful country full of mostly lovely people.
tanzeel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The entire north is not unsafe. There's some parts that are, others are fine. This might help:
http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=45980
tanzeel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know, these are only plans.

For destination: I guess Karashi and then Pundjab to India.
btw, its karaCHi, not karashi :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads