Turn on thread page Beta

do i have depression or post traumatic stress disorder watch

Please help me i'm really confused.
    About 7 months ago I had 2 suddenly have my dog put down a few days after returning from holiday due to him having cancer. He was nearly 13 and i was really attached to him and have never had a time in my life without a dog. But unfortunatly my parents have said that we cant have another pet.
    I don't know how i have managed to get through the past 7 months but now everything is just so stressful.
    A-levels are so much harder than i originally thought and i don't even know if i am going to pass them all and all my motivation has just gone. Im sick and tired of people trying to tell me what to do i need to do whats best for me, and the little comments people make i try not to think about them but they do upset me, and i always seem to just attract weirdos and people that i fancy never like me back in the same way.
    And all of this has just built up and up and its driving me mad now i just am so upset and just sit and cry sometimes.
    I would really appreciate any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Your dog died and people don't fancy you back?
    It's probably not PTS.

Seriously though; you sound like you're suffering from stress at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely NOT Post traumatic stress disorder...i dont even see why you'd think that ...most of the time its people who have been raped or sexually abused or w/e.

ReputationRep:
    You just sound stressed; nothing major. Everyone goes through it.

ReputationRep:
    What, we are psychologists now?

If you're that worried, go get your head checked out by someone who knows what they're on about, not some students on the net.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    What, we are psychologists now?

If you're that worried, go get your head checked out by someone who knows what they're on about, not some students on the net.
    To be fair, they asked for advice not a diagnosis.

I agree though, if it's causing that much worry - go to GP.

ReputationRep:
    Post traumatic thread disorder <_<

ReputationRep:
    You're just a bit upset

ReputationRep:
    A doctor is your best option...

ReputationRep:
    Thats life............. deal with it

life will only get worse and if you dont learn how to cope with problems now then you will be really screwed when an actual tradgedy occurs.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably not clinical depression, but you can have a depressive period nonetheless. I have a dog myself which I am more attached to than everyone except my family and best friends, and I wouldn't know what I'd do if he died, so I can understand your situation. You just need to focus on positives, do what you enjoy and maybe try to do a lot of activities to keep your mind off things. When I feel like that, I usually go for a jog and workout, then shower and go out or go to a friend's house for a few days. That really de-stresses me.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you're all being so heartless. You're all basically saying get over it.

OP- I can imagine how attached you were to your dog, and now that hes gone you're finding it much harder to function normally. I don't think how you're feeling is normal- all these people are saying its just stress, but stress doesn't normally make you think everything in your life is crap, and doesnt make you just cry all the time.

I would suggest you talk to someone, go and see your GP if you think it's more than the loss of your dog thats making you upset. If you think it will help, why don't you ask if you could have a different pet, maybe a hamster or something instead if you're parents don't want another dog?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_princess)
    I can't believe you're all being so heartless. You're all basically saying get over it.
    My cat died, my gran died, my mum's friend died, my other gran was in hospital for a long time, my mum is ill and I can't see my boyfriend often. Plus I often cry at night and see things. Boo hoo. :rolleyes: Everyone's got problems, that's just life.

ReputationRep:
    Diagnosis: Being a Teenager.

ReputationRep:
    I understand totally what you're going through...a pet can be just as close as a member of the family and it's natural to feel lost. I'm feeling a bit like that at the moment after my mum being ill and my dad passing away-even though that happened a year ago. I went to the doctor and explained everything and she just said it was anxiety-it's hard to get them to understand. If you need to talk pm me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Diagnosis: Being a Teenager.
    rightly said.

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like you're really stressed atm. Definately not PTSD, unless there have been other things going on that you haven't mentioned.

My friend always says - it is not our problems, but how we deal with them in life that makes us who we are.

ReputationRep:
    LOL You think having your dog put down and wierdos fancying you is PTSD? Get a grip, OP, and deal with life.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.