what's the PR degree like?? Watch

AbbyA
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thinking of applying for the PR degree at Bournemouth..
wondering whether anyone can tell me about their experiences of it or if you're also thinking of doing this course..?
Thanks.
Unrepentant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey. I've applied to do PR at Bournemouth for 2009 entry. I'm also keen to know whether the PR Degree is as good as it sounds, but everything I've heard about it seems really good.
jonjoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey im a first year, doing pr.
defoo the best course for PR, but be warned, you do 5 units
marketing
pr
advertising
research methods
media and society

each have the same weighting and amount of hours spent on them, you literrally have the same timetable as people doing marketing and advertising. very broad, not alot of pr, and not what you think the course is going to be like, i love the place and purbeck, but the course has not matched up to expectations, the 2nd year is more specific though so im hoping that will be better, but if you thought pr like me would be about celebrities, parties etc kinda like a heat magazine gossip degree, think again, its very business orientated, and had to get real theory, like a levels as im finding now revising, i want to do fashion pr, and ive learnt nothing about fashion at bournemouth, im just praying i can get a fashion placement in the 3rd year.
sorry about the essay. xx
Unrepentant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for the reply.
sheniqueedwards
Report 9 years ago
I've applied for PR in Bouremouth this yr just waiting for results. I'm interested in making friends before uni starts because I'm moving from London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Feb '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Mar '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads