Getting into the top universities in London for law?? Watch

cazzcazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
At the moment I'm just finishing my as levels, I'm doing four and aiming for a a a and b ... I'm looking at lse, kings college and ucl but I'm just wondering how difficult it really is?? I mean say I do get AAA in my a levels will it matter that I don't have masses of extra curricular stuff??

I'm going to be shadowing a few lawyers over summer but Ive never been captain of a team or done debating and I don't know if it matters? And how leneant are they on your grades; would I probably not get in with AAB??
cazzcazz
Rep:
?
Just because I love living in the city I can't imagine going to some remote boring uni. I'm a city gal
cazzcazz
Rep:
?
What do you mean by studenty? I'll have a look at Bristol shanks
cazzcazz
Rep:
?
i see i see thanks for the advice. me needs a good social life for suuuuuuuure
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Read "Understanding law" by Adams and Brownsword and the broadsheets.

Start to get to grips with a legal issue or two and talk about it in your PS. This is a really good way to show that you have dedication and that you really want to do the subject - so much better and more important than work experience and ECs.
jakdax77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cazzcazz)
What do you mean by studenty? I'll have a look at Bristol shanks
Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are suppose to be great for students. And if you already live in London, wouldn't a change be good. For 3 years you live in a new city and you will always know you still have your home in london when you finish.
jakdax77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by danfl2004)
Well you will be surrounded by students etc, clubs will be filled with students and when you walk round you just feel included. At London I just dont think you would get that same sense of community you get at some unis. However, i have heard really good things for the UCL social life!
Really??!!
I heard UCL is the most social university in london. I have friends already there, and from what i heard its sounds crazy over there
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really demonstrate an interest! Read books like "Understanding Law" by Adams and Brownsword and demonstrate a interest in some sort of legalistic issue on your personal statement
jakdax77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by danfl2004)
Thats why i said UCl is really good socially!
My bad dude :P
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?