The Student Room Group

Getting into the top universities in London for law??

At the moment I'm just finishing my as levels, I'm doing four and aiming for a a a and b ... I'm looking at lse, kings college and ucl but I'm just wondering how difficult it really is?? I mean say I do get AAA in my a levels will it matter that I don't have masses of extra curricular stuff??

I'm going to be shadowing a few lawyers over summer but Ive never been captain of a team or done debating and I don't know if it matters? :s-smilie: And how leneant are they on your grades; would I probably not get in with AAB??
Reply 1
Just because I love living in the city I can't imagine going to some remote boring uni. I'm a city gal :smile:
Reply 2
What do you mean by studenty? I'll have a look at Bristol :smile: shanks
Reply 3
i see i see thanks for the advice. me needs a good social life for suuuuuuuure
Read "Understanding law" by Adams and Brownsword and the broadsheets.

Start to get to grips with a legal issue or two and talk about it in your PS. This is a really good way to show that you have dedication and that you really want to do the subject - so much better and more important than work experience and ECs.
Reply 5
cazzcazz
What do you mean by studenty? I'll have a look at Bristol :smile: shanks

Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are suppose to be great for students. And if you already live in London, wouldn't a change be good. For 3 years you live in a new city and you will always know you still have your home in london when you finish.
Reply 6
danfl2004
Well you will be surrounded by students etc, clubs will be filled with students and when you walk round you just feel included. At London I just dont think you would get that same sense of community you get at some unis. However, i have heard really good things for the UCL social life!

Really??!!
I heard UCL is the most social university in london. I have friends already there, and from what i heard its sounds crazy over there
Really demonstrate an interest! Read books like "Understanding Law" by Adams and Brownsword and demonstrate a interest in some sort of legalistic issue on your personal statement
Reply 8
danfl2004
Thats why i said UCl is really good socially!

My bad dude :P

Latest

Trending

Trending