Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't see one already up so i thought i'd start a thread on just how/when/what people are doing for revision in the 6-7 weeks before exams start which should eventually lead on to how people are finding exams after they've taken them?

I think im gonna just plough through my coursework for the last 2 weeks before easter so then its outta the way and i can just concentrate on revision easter onwards.

what about you guys? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    7 weeks.
    I have a revision table, all set out with my subjects, which ones i find easy and which ones i find hard, what days i could stay behind for extra help and all that. but for the last week i just havent been able to get into it. it's not good i know. i think im going to do what you are, getting all the coursework out of the way, then pure revision for about 2 hours a night on schoolnights and more in the holidays. I should really start working rather than spending my time on here.

ReputationRep:
    In the Mocks I got 1A*, 6A, 3B and 1C which is pretty good considering that i only revised for Maths and History.

For the real ones, I have created a timetable which I have kept to so far.

February - 1 hour - Note taking
    March - 2 hours - Note Taking
    April - 3/4 hours - Past Papers with help from notes (and skiing holiday )
    May - 5 hours - Past Papers and read over notes
    June - 5 hours - Past Papers and read over notes

With this method you can break it up into chunks without having to revise 9 hours the day before an exam which is stressful.

Aims:

Maths - A*
    English Literature - A*
    ICT - A*
    History - A*
    Geography - A*
    RS - A*
    English Language - A
    Physics - A
    Chemistry - A
    German - A
    P.E - B
    Additional Maths - B

ReputationRep:
    Well I start my revision from Saturday, or maybe next Monday (Take the weekend as a break), this is because this Friday is my final CW deadline, so up to then its all coursework1

ReputationRep:
    for the next week, I'm just going to concentrate on getting my coursework for IT, statistics and german done and then will probably be around 3 hours a day of revision in the easter hols (which is 3 weeks at my school) and then from the end of easter until the exams I will probably do around 2 hours a night school days and 4 hours a day at the weekend. I get a week fo study leave before my first exam so I will be doing around 4-5 hours a day then.

ReputationRep:
    any of you guys doing triple award science? if so are you resitting any of the modules in the summer? cos i am and i was wondering how much you're revising for that resit?

ReputationRep:
    im doing triple science, and im nto sure if im resitting yet, the physics written paper was quite hard so I may resit that. IF I did resit that module I would probably just do a few hours of reading the text book and revision guide a few days b4 the exam

ReputationRep:
    did you think the march exams for science were hard?

ReputationRep:
    I ve only done module 1, B1 C1 P1. And i didnt think they were too bad but i just didnt revise(stupidly). Now i regret it so jsut retaking chem and physics. what u looking to take next year for A's/A2's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spenceroo139)
    any of you guys doing triple award science? if so are you resitting any of the modules in the summer? cos i am and i was wondering how much you're revising for that resit?
    Yeah, (AQA) I really can't be bothered to resit Physics (A* Bio + Chem Jan Unit 2, A Phys) , so I just need to get 90 UMS in June. Some people at school are retaking with the same grades as me, but I don't think it's worth it for the extra stress. I'll just do more revision for Unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    lol theyre brilliant results anyway so wuld be unnecessary pressure on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spenceroo139)
    I ve only done module 1, B1 C1 P1. And i didnt think they were too bad but i just didnt revise(stupidly). Now i regret it so jsut retaking chem and physics. what u looking to take next year for A's/A2's?
    next year im doing maths further maths economics french and modern history

ReputationRep:
    what you lot doing next year ?

ReputationRep:
    chemistry biology physics spanish french

ReputationRep:
    maths economics physics history --> Degree in Economics

ReputationRep:
    ermm
    Chemistry, French, Biology, Physics, Maths for me
    andd then got some med wex lined up for after exams xD
    but yeahh im staying behind every day til the holidays now so i can finish my coursework
    graphics <<< :mad:
    its sooooooo long :|
    but yeah ive got 2 revision partners to keep me motivated (and off here )

ReputationRep:
    I've made a revision timetable and I'm gonna start revising starting from tomorrow - hopefully! Not too sure that's actually gonna happen, but we'll see. I've still got Latin coursework and I'm improving my French a little. I should do the Latin this week and next weekend actually, so I might not be able to do as much revision as I originally planned for this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roosel)
    (and skiing holiday
    Lucky you! I went in Feb half term. I love skiing...

ReputationRep:
    I've made a revision timetable, but I won't stick to it. I've even got the exam timetable for the summer on the noticeboard right next to me and I still look at it dreading May 20th (3 exams in one day!). With respect to revision, I'm going to be leaving it late; apart from History and Spanish (the latter I started a week ago) with History being a big priority for me. I've already got 4 GCSEs under my belt with reasonable success so I can look forward to not stressing out too much.

ReputationRep:
    18th May is my first exam....real nervous about it!

Anyway haven't done any revision so far but I AIM to do 4 hours of revision per week day over the 3 weeks Easter holiday that I have. Then I'll spend maybe 30 minutes - 1 hour in the following 3 weeks of school doing revision and then I'll cramp in everything all again in study leave.

My study leave starts 8th May so I'll have time to get more done then as well.

I'm aiming fro around 5A*s, 4As and 1Bs (+ a B grade in AS Critical Thinking)- of course anything better is fine!

For A-Levels I'm Taking:

Maths
    Further Maths
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics

& then hope to go onto university to do either Medicine, Maths, Physics or Engineering.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.