Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello !
    I'm from Romania, and I would like some information about undergraduate sport courses that are thaught at the two universities in Southampton.
    I've been searching on their websites, and I can see that Solent Uni has a more varied list when it comes to sport ! However, I saw the ranking made by The Times and Guardian, and it seems that Southampton Uni is better, although they only have 2 courses :confused:

Football is my pasion, and I would definitely be excited to study it from the guys that gave it birth

So... what would you recommend me ? Soton or Solent ? :confused:

Cheers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farist)
    Hello !
    I'm from Romania, and I would like some information about undergraduate sport courses that are thaught at the two universities in Southampton.
    I've been searching on their websites, and I can see that Solent Uni has a more varied list when it comes to sport ! However, I saw the ranking made by The Times and Guardian, and it seems that Southampton Uni is better, although they only have 2 courses :confused:

Football is my pasion, and I would definitely be excited to study it from the guys that gave it birth

So... what would you recommend me ? Soton or Solent ? :confused:

Cheers !
    I'd say Solent, for student satisfaction as opposed to the rankings. The rankings can be considered as low sometimes, just because it only became a University a few years ago (after being an 'Institute' for several years), so it's seen as a bit 'new' still!

Solent has tonnes of sports courses, and the people I know who do Sports Science, Sports Journalism or Football Studies all really enjoy their courses. You get to work in the community as well, or with Southampton Football Team if you get the chance, they do lotsa community link work with Solent Uni.

Go for Solent :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Even though Soton uni is the much better uni, my housemate does Sports Studies and hates it. She says they've tried to make a degree out of nothing. If you want a practical course then I'd suggest Solent.
    Although, Soton uni are a lot lot better for their sports teams including football so if you manage to get through trials and onto the team then football would be a big and rewarding part of your life, regarding what course you did

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 5, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.