An Australian studying in the UK? Fees? Watch

cazzcazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
It seems crazy that I would have to pay an international student fee when EU students don't have to!!! Especially cause the British founded Australia!!!

So can anyone tell me if I would seriously have to pay international fees??

I've lived in london since 2008 and im graduating in 2010
Giggles128
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey sorry I can't help but would like to know where in Australia you are from becuase I'm considering going to Queensland Uni and have some questions.
misslulux
Report 9 years ago
hey i've a question! Do you live in or near london right now?
I do go to london in April with school, and I would like to visit some nice (not realy expensive) shops! Do you have some nice adresses for me?

<3 Milou!
EmK_89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cazzcazz)
It seems crazy that I would have to pay an international student fee when EU students don't have to!!! Especially cause the British founded Australia!!!

So can anyone tell me if I would seriously have to pay international fees??

I've lived in london since 2008 and im graduating in 2010
hey there, im an aussie starting in sept, and i got here in 2008 aswell
YES - we do have to pay international fees. Just like aussies coming over just to work, they need work visas and can only stay for a limited amount of time. Britain may have founded Aus but we are a seperate country in a seperate continent, we are regarded as Australians, not English. Legally, we arn't from the UK and we arn't from Europe and we have no 'local' rights there.
My dad and alot of my family are from England and Europe, but because i was born and raised in Australia, im seen as international/australian by universities.
You need to have citizenship here, and have lived here for 3 years, before you are considered a home student. Sucks much? but thats how it is. However, if you pass the 3 year time limit during your course, the next year you have to pay, you can apply for home fees. E.g., i start in 2009 after being here over a year, in 2009 and 2010 i will pay international fees, but in my third year, starting 2011, i can apply for home fees because i would have been here 3 years.
Yeah, i rang the international offica and had a big chat with them, lol.
The fees are horrible. At first, my family couldn't afford them, but we are going to find a way
I'm studying here in Liverpool, where I moved to last year. It is cheaper up north. Living in London would be incredibly expensive, there's no way I could afford it, ever. So if you have the option of studying outside London, i'd defo go with it!
Hope I helped!
degree3andcounting
Report 9 years ago
We charge them international fees, it's only fair. It's about modern politics, not about 1788 and previously.

From my perspective, I'm going to get a great education, and something I can't get in Australia. It's going to be painful, but I'm going to wear it.
G. Lee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Giggles128)
Hey sorry I can't help but would like to know where in Australia you are from becuase I'm considering going to Queensland Uni and have some questions.
How ironic. That was where i was borne. Know nothing of the place mind you, been here all my life now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (296)
25.92%
Yes - they're famous (292)
25.57%
No I don't (554)
48.51%

Watched Threads