Turn on thread page Beta

Do You Respect The A-Levels That You Are Taking? watch

I know this may seem odd, but do you respect the subjects you are taking. I find that i actually respect the work i am doing, in terms of myself not only enjoying the work, but respecting what it involves and its importance and use. I feel that the reason why i should do weel, is that i actually seem to 'respect' the a-levels i am taking. i value the work that is being taught and respect its use and information. what about you lot?

a lot of people do a-levels, but dont really respect and appreciate their subjects. they just do it coz they feel they have to.

yes 100%. i do general + business studies, two of the best subjects you can do. last year in did three good subjects
    economics
    home economics
    german - everyone needs a language!

ReputationRep:
    here here, check my profile 4 my subjects but i value what they have taught me and what it is teaching me immensely.

too many people seem obsessed with getting studies out of the way to make way for that high paid job...personally i could study for ever if it were a feasable prospect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *-mjg-*)
    yes 100%. i do general + business studies, two of the best subjects you can do. last year in did three good subjects
    economics
    home economics
    german - everyone needs a language!
    LOL! Bless.

(Original post by Adhsur)
    LOL! Bless.
    patrenising tw*t!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely! They're all good for something.

i dont want to sound stereotypically political,
    BUT I AM ALL FOR RAISING STANDARDS IN EDUCATION AND WANTING STUDENTS TO WORK HARD, AND APPREICATE THE A-LEVELS THEY DO. I FEEL THAT BY WORKING HARD AND WANTING TO UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION, THIS SHOWS RESPECT AND DEDICATION TO THEIR SUBJECT COZ THEY WANT TO LEARN. I AM ALL FOR THIS. I BELIEVE THAT RAISING THE GRADES ACHIEVED BY STUDENTS IS IMPORTANT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered05)
    BUT I AM ALL FOR RAISING STANDARDS IN EDUCATION AND WANTING STUDENTS TO WORK HARD, AND APPREICATE THE A-LEVELS THEY DO. I FEEL THAT BY WORKING HARD AND WANTING TO UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION, THIS SHOWS RESPECT AND DEDICATION TO THEIR SUBJECT COZ THEY WANT TO LEARN. I AM ALL FOR THIS. I BELIEVE THAT RAISING THE GRADES ACHIEVED BY STUDENTS IS IMPORTANT.
    no need to shout,

(Original post by Unregistered05)
    thats when good neighbours, be-cooommmeee good friends!

ReputationRep:
    Lol! What a weird thread..

I respect the subjects but not the way there are taught.. I mean we had like 2 weeks to learn Othello off by heart! You can't appreciate what your learning when your under so much pressure..

(Original post by Elle)
    Lol! What a weird thread..

I respect the subjects but not the way there are taught.. I mean we had like 2 weeks to learn Othello off by heart! You can't appreciate what your learning when your under so much pressure..
    theres more to life than exams! ask jools, huntroyde or anyone with sum sense!

ReputationRep:
    theres more to life than exams! ask jools, huntroyde or anyone with sum sense!
    Lol.. er.. when did I say there wasn't?

true, but end of the day you gotta admit that gcse and a-levels grades are important. end of the day, we dont do 12 years of compulsory education, then another 2 years, then hopefully another 3 to 4 years, for nohting now, do we. we are all aiming to be as well qualified as we can in order to reach our future ambitions and hope to earn good money and have an enjoyable, good status job.

(Original post by Elle)
    Lol.. er.. when did I say there wasn't?
    soz. if a guy wanted to ask you out (Not on these forums), how shud he go about it?

(Original post by Unregistered123)
    true, but end of the day you gotta admit that gcse and a-levels grades are important. end of the day, we dont do 12 years of compulsory education, then another 2 years, then hopefully another 3 to 4 years, for nohting now, do we. we are all aiming to be as well qualified as we can in order to reach our future ambitions and hope to earn good money and have an enjoyable, good status job.
    well i have GCSEs A/S and A-Levels so f*** yo vocab!

ReputationRep:
    soz. if a guy wanted to ask you out (Not on these forums), how shud he go about it?
    Er.. by not swearing..

(Original post by Elle)
    Er.. by not swearing..
    i am bein serious!

i said good grades. anyway, what a-levels? what use does UUUE have at A-Level, and whats the use of not obtaining a C Grade at gcse? thats zero qualifications, filth. you have no decent grades.

(Original post by Unregistered123)
    i said good grades. anyway, what a-levels? what use does UUUE have at A-Level, and whats the use of not obtaining a C Grade at gcse? thats zero qualifications, filth. you have no decent grades.
    wrong! f*** yo vocab! i got 9 gcse passes (D-G), i as level i a level and am predicted 2 get an A and a B this year! f*** yo voacb!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    wrong! f*** yo vocab! i got 9 gcse passes (D-G), i as level i a level and am predicted 2 get an A and a B this year! f*** yo voacb!!!!!
    well done,

now shut the f**k up

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2003
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.