The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They won't accept 5000.
(I really don't think they would - the ability to be concise in your writing is being assessed here too I believe?)
The most I've ever heard of going over the 3000 word limit is 3500.
Anyway good luck.
Reply 2
they stop reading after the word limit. so at 3000words they will stop
oh great :frown:
Well now I'm worried
Reply 4
you need to cut it down a lot, you will lose a lot of marks.
Hmmm... ive already given it in.... my teacher said it doesnt matter but everyone else says it does... How annoying.
Reply 6
well they'll read up to the limit and then stop so they wont read your conclusion which will lose you alot of marks straight off. are you a 2nd year ib? if so then the external deadline has gone but if you're first year you can get it back!
What external deadline?
The real deadline's in May, although most teachers want stuff in by the end of March. (Our 'final' deadline is Wednesday 25th March).

We were told dead seriously that it cannot be even a word over 3000, as they'll stop reading, and with the conclusion being one of the most important parts of the essay, you're likely to lose a lot of marks.
We were told that there no leeway whatsoever and were told of how she, as an examiner was told to stop marking at 3000.

With other subjects it's different, I know - English Language coursework has 10%/400 word leeway.
Im A-level, not IB, so i dont know if that makes a difference... probably not knowing my luck.
Reply 9
well ask your techer if you can have it back??? i would try and see if that's a possibility!!

good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending