The Student Room Group

Home Office Reference Number

Hi all: I was filling this Student Finance table in Directgov website, and one of the block is 'Home Office Reference Number' There is only 8 spaces and non of the numbers in my passport have the same digit, I have Residence Permit so I count as Home student. Does anyone have similar situation as me and where can I find this number? Apparently the program doesn't process any further unless I fill in some numbers in. :mad:
Any letters from the home office? Would be on them.
Reply 2
Indievertigo
Any letters from the home office? Would be on them.

But I don't have any document from the Home Office? I could check my parents' document, but that won't be my personal one though
Could it mean NI number? If you discard the last digit, that's 8 characters.
Reply 4
sandettielightvessel
Could it mean NI number? If you discard the last digit, that's 8 characters.

No, not that one. Well i entered some random digit from my passport without the letters, and it's 1 digit short, but it allows me to process further and I have sent my passport to Darlington the student loan place.
Reply 5
I also had the same problem. I rang up Home Office and they said I have no Home Office Reference Number. They suggested I put my passport number instead but it was too long to fit :facepalm:. So i just put "NONE" in the space instead and I was able to proceed with the application atleast :P
Reply 6
I had that question as well, but luckily I just got my permit, so I had that on hand, but I had to ask my dad (him being our Solicitor) but I know for sure it wont be on your passport.
Reply 7
So far, I have completed my form online and they ask me to sent my 'original passport'-according to the website. So I sent it early this Tuesday via Special Delivery and I have tracked it through postoffice.co.uk and they said it has been received, but in my student finance website they haven't updated the date when they received it. Now I'm just fingers crossed that they haven't lost it and don't take ages to return my passport.:s-smilie:
Reply 8
believe it or not but i lost my passport in the post too - student finance is saying they havent received it and now i am messed up because my whole application is going to get delayed - my new passport will come in july so i am really messed up - dont know what i am going to do becasue i dont want to send of my new passport and loose that one - and gues what - mine was speical delivery and still lost it :frown:
Reply 9
Pingy
They told me last week that they are taking 7 weeks from receipt of mail to scanning in the data.
Reply 10
roubiliac
Pingy
They told me last week that they are taking 7 weeks from receipt of mail to scanning in the data.

maybe I applied in early March then, I received my passport literally in 1 week time

Latest

Trending

Trending