Grade Calculator For BTEC National Diploma Courses Watch

E-glory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That has been introduced this year and only affects people starting the course in this academic year. People in their second year or 3rd and are going to uni this year can use his calculator to predict their grades.

I for one found it really helpful thanks OP.

+1
nmr1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well seeing as I am doing BTEC National from 2010 diploma in IT, it seems I have to get at least 6 units at distinction level and the rest merits to get DDD, I know you need to get all units distinction to get D*D*D*, but i'm not aiming for that, just the amount that will be required to get into a good university with a useful and enjoyable course.
kpusa1981
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by E-glory)
That has been introduced this year and only affects people starting the course in this academic year. People in their second year or 3rd and are going to uni this year can use his calculator to predict their grades.

I for one found it really helpful thanks OP.

+1
I understand what you are saying.
siobhanmae
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thank you for this!!!
speedking34
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys! As many people requested it, I took the time to update (well, entirely recode and redesign) my grade calculator so it can be used with the new marking system.

It is currently working for all LEVEL 3 BTEC qualifications (Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma and Extended Diploma) and I will, in time, include all the other levels if there is a demand for it

Please do give me feedbacks either here or on the page itself, it would really help me out so I can make it better.

Bare in mind that as I no longer taking a BTEC course (its has been 2years now), I am not 100% sure that the given grade is correct. I would greatly appreciate it if people could double check the results for me

The link is still the same http://www.speedking.eu/grade-calculator/

go nuts =)
nmr1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Unless you haven't noticed, I have a grading calculator in my signature if anyone is curious as to what modules you need up to whatever grade standard. Both methods of calculating grades appear to be the same.
speedking34
Rep:
?
Hey,
The table in your signature does not seem to take credit values into account (some BTEC courses have 5 and 20 credits modules, which falsifies the results given in your table)

Edit: Fixed a bug where the maximum grade could not be obtained. D*D*D* is now displayed instead of "FAILED" if score is 1590

Thank you to the people who have tried it out so far, you allowed me to see this bug.
speedking34
Rep:
?
Hey, just to let people know, I went ahead and created a similar tool to help work out A-Level Grades!

You can check it out here http://www.speedking.eu/a-level-calculator/
achander29
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
would 11 Distinctions, 2 Merits and 5 Passes = DDD on a BTEC Level 3 Diploma ???
Leo*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by achander29)
would 11 Distinctions, 2 Merits and 5 Passes = DDD on a BTEC Level 3 Diploma ???
Yes, but only just.
mouldynffc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi I am having a bit of confusion with this.

I have just completed a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. When I left I knew my grade required for uni was DDM and I went over this with my tutor and we worked out I had 1490 points which was DDM.

I then got a letter through to confirm my grade from my college and that says I have DMM. I've gone over the grades I left there with and I cannot work out how this is possible.

From the 18 units (all 10 credits) I got:

10 Distinctions
3 Merits
5 Passes

I work that out at 1490 BTEC points and the points boundaries for DDM are 1460-1499. I can't understand how this can be any different.

The only possible reason I can think of it not being 1490 is because when I left there was still some Merit and Distinction work for 1 unit and some Distinction work for another that was yet to be confirmed as passed. So worst case scenario is I lose 30 BTEC points from those three sets of work being referred. Which would take me to 1460 which would again be within the boundaries.

Should I stop panicking and assume this is a mistake or is there anything I am missing marking wise? I've been trying to get hold of my tutor but haven't heard anything.
wubby
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really helpful tool ! Thanks.
nadahegazi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This was extreamly helpful.
Thank youu

Nada
ssaga21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got a DS* in btec level 2 travel and tourism.... I dont know what it stands for and what it mean... Did i pass or not???
ssaga21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I got an DS* in Btec travel and tourism level 2.... And i dont know what it stands for? Did i pass my my btec course????
Ubahahmedxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can someone help me calculate my points and convert it to an overall grade. I've done Btec level 3 extended diploma and i got 6 D 4M 3P and psychology AS at a B grade? Someone help please!!
blogbyreviews
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ubahahmedxx)
Can someone help me calculate my points and convert it to an overall grade. I've done Btec level 3 extended diploma and i got 6 D 4M 3P and psychology AS at a B grade? Someone help please!!
extended diploma is 18 units whereas you only have listed 13 units? I'll help you out though
nikki_noel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have got 2 merits (M) and 2 distinctions (D) so what should my final grade be based on my courseworks though and I study btec level 3 applied science
blogbyreviews
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What sort of level 3 qualification is it? A diploma? A subsidiary diploma?
Naiahmyah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have any idea how to work out the UCAS points for a BTEC National Diploma taken in 1999? The qualification no longer exists and didn't have an overall grade, just the grades for the individual modules. I need to figure out how many UCAS points it's worth, but can't get anywhere on UCAS or Pearson websites. Any help is gratefully received. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (142)
13.43%
Excited (95)
8.99%
Worried (196)
18.54%
Terrified (238)
22.52%
Meh (84)
7.95%
Confused (31)
2.93%