Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought the law says that it is legal to download a track from an album as a sampler. After that you either delete this track after 24 hours or go and buy the album? Is this still the case?

Is it only illegal to upload music or download it??

Cheers Anyone
    Mike

both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick665544)
    I thought the law says that it is legal to download a track from an album as a sampler. After that you either delete this track after 24 hours or go and buy the album? Is this still the case?

Cheers Anyone
    Mike
    Dear Sir/Madam

I have noted down your IP address and will be contacting your ISP to obtain your details, and will forward them to the appropriate authorities. This is not a warez site, and you have implied that you intend to break copyright laws.

Have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mick665544)
    Both are illegal.

ReputationRep:
    hiya, just wondered thats all.
    BBC news doesnt really explain that well.
    Whats a warz anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Uploading is illegal because the person sending the file is actually copying (i.e. pirating) it. The downloader is also legally liable for taking part in the illegal activity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Uploading is illegal because the person sending the file is actually copying (i.e. pirating) it. The downloader is also legally liable for taking part in the illegal activity.
    Only if you are caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Only if you are caught.
    Amen! Stickin' it to the man! 900 mp3s and counting, and no law comes to get me! The Soldier will keep marching!!! FWAHAHAHAHA!!!

ReputationRep:
    Amen! Stickin' it to the man! 900 mp3s and counting, and no law comes to get me! The Soldier will keep marching!!! FWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    mmm

ReputationRep:

Uh the only problem with that is that if nobody shares files then nobody can download files. Besides I hate freeloaders they are scum

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.