Which? Upload or Download Illegal?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
mick665544
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I thought the law says that it is legal to download a track from an album as a sampler. After that you either delete this track after 24 hours or go and buy the album? Is this still the case?

Is it only illegal to upload music or download it??

Cheers Anyone
Mike
Unregistered.
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
both
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mick665544)
I thought the law says that it is legal to download a track from an album as a sampler. After that you either delete this track after 24 hours or go and buy the album? Is this still the case?

Cheers Anyone
Mike
Dear Sir/Madam

I have noted down your IP address and will be contacting your ISP to obtain your details, and will forward them to the appropriate authorities. This is not a warez site, and you have implied that you intend to break copyright laws.

Have a nice day.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mick665544)
Both are illegal.
mick665544
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hiya, just wondered thats all.
BBC news doesnt really explain that well.
Whats a warz anyway?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Uploading is illegal because the person sending the file is actually copying (i.e. pirating) it. The downloader is also legally liable for taking part in the illegal activity.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Uploading is illegal because the person sending the file is actually copying (i.e. pirating) it. The downloader is also legally liable for taking part in the illegal activity.
Only if you are caught.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Only if you are caught.
Amen! Stickin' it to the man! 900 mp3s and counting, and no law comes to get me! The Soldier will keep marching!!! FWAHAHAHAHA!!!
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Amen! Stickin' it to the man! 900 mp3s and counting, and no law comes to get me! The Soldier will keep marching!!! FWAHAHAHAHA!!!
mmm
Bhaal85.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Uh the only problem with that is that if nobody shares files then nobody can download files. Besides I hate freeloaders they are scum
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (20)
40.82%
Take exams next summer (11)
22.45%
Change uni choice through clearing (13)
26.53%
Apply to uni next year instead (4)
8.16%
I'm not applying to university (1)
2.04%

Watched Threads