This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Well maybe you can discuss it in a biology-related thread, it seems this thread is for French speakers...
eggsactly
leroylina
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Mi español es terrible, empecé estudiando el español cuando tenía dieciséis años por seis meses, y yo obtuve una C en GCSE en esos seis meses. Yo ahora lo estudio en colegio para un AS Level y soy tan duro, la gramática es fácil pero el hablar yo LO encuentro muy difícil. ¿Puede decir me cualquiera qué tan malo mi español está aquí?
really good.....you should keep studying it
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So then Danithestudent, you are doing 3 languages (francese, italiano e spagnolo) now?
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
C'est ma deuxieme mois de GCSE et mon francais n'est pas tres bien. Cependent, j'ai de tres bonne notes et j'aime apprendre le francais. Les matieres que j'aime mieux sont le francais, l'anglais et l'informatique.
Qu'est ce que vous-aimez le mieux?

Il ya plein d'erreurs?
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Si vous n'avez pas remarqué mes français sur voici plutôt mauvais. Ceci est seul parce que je peux parler la langue mais écrie c'est une autre question. Je dois écrire deux essais pour mon examen et je suis nerveux mais que je crois ce serai bien. Aussi longtemps que j'apprends ma grammaire et mon vocabulaire que je serai bien, mais s'il vous plaît me dire. ...mon français mauvais? Ouiais?<---Look I used slang so proud!!
you mean 'ouais', but lets not get picky.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm quite impressed I can understand what everyone has written, but I can't remember enough french to reply myself, I think I forgot most of it the second I got out of the exam!
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i gave up french in year 9 and did German. Got a C in it. best in my class (i was doing foundation) and i can't remember a word of it.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
for those of us that can't understand a word of this, simply go to http://www.freetranslation.com/ and get it sorted into english (this was how i did my german homework in school)
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
for those of us that can't understand a word of this, simply go to http://www.freetranslation.com/ and get it sorted into english (this was how i did my german homework in school)
Translation sites like that are useless, especially for verbs. They only give the infinitive and unless you know how to change them accordingly then the site is useless. They translate word for word, and the french speak differently to the english, so what may seem correct isn't.

However, they are good when you want to find just one or two words, but that's about it.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
believe me, this site is really good. i transilated the first paragraph of this subject and understood it.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
believe me, this site is really good. i transilated the first paragraph of this subject and understood it.
Well maybe there wasn't any verbs in the paragraph. All I know is, it's not reliable for homework, especially when you are doing GCSE, you should be able to try and do it yourself, if not buy a revision guide!

I bet the whole paragraph didn't make PERFECT sense. Like if you wanted to translate " neuf " it would come up as " nine " when also it means " new "
Some french person spoke to me and said " what is nine? " instead of "what is new?" So you really don't want to make mistakes like that at GCSE.
bruceleemk2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
wat the heck is goin on.i dont speak no french,no spanish but i do speak german.so all ive understood so far (apart from the english) is 'nein' which means no
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bruceleemk2)
wat the heck is goin on.i dont speak no french,no spanish but i do speak german.so all ive understood so far (apart from the english) is 'nein' which means no
Well the thread is entitled " vous parlez francais? " so what do expect? Dutch?
bruceleemk2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Well the thread is entitled " vous parlez francais? " so what do expect? Dutch?
no not really.i expected it to b about french not in french
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Well maybe there wasn't any verbs in the paragraph. All I know is, it's not reliable for homework, especially when you are doing GCSE, you should be able to try and do it yourself, if not buy a revision guide!

I bet the whole paragraph didn't make PERFECT sense. Like if you wanted to translate " neuf " it would come up as " nine " when also it means " new "
Some french person spoke to me and said " what is nine? " instead of "what is new?" So you really don't want to make mistakes like that at GCSE.
well i used it and i got a C in it.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
well i used it and i got a C in it.
Well you didn't use it in the exam. You said you used it for homework.
C is a pass, it didn't make you get higher because it translates word for word.
:P:P:P:P:P
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ceci est pour les gens qui parle au moins quelques français. Je pense que tout le monde qui ne parle pas français est bête, français sont non seulement une belle langue (quelques-uns disent la langue d'amour, mais qu'il est disputé que la langue d'amour est Italien, mais que personnellement je trouve l'Italien plutôt grossier) mais nous habitons seulement à vingt-six miles d'il, la plupart des français parle à anglais pourquoi peut si nous ne parlons pas français. Je suis tout pour l'Indépendance de l'Union européenne mais seulement si nous faisons plus de effor pour comprendre que les autres pays et les autres langues comme les Britanniques souvent ont tendance à être plutôt ethnocentrique. N'importe quelles opinions?
By saying 'this is for all the people who speak a little french' is very patronising. You obviously need quite a bit of french understanding to be able to understand what you are saying.

By saying 'I think that everyone who doesnt speak french is stupid' is insulting and childish. And Italian is the language of love.

And I agree with you that the european union should become more united, but having one language (main one used in EU parliament is english) is a lot easier than having several that few people understand. Its our way of life (not understanding many other languages), but i wouldnt go as far to say its ethnocentric. Aren't you overeacting a bit? Its not a conscious decision to not learn other languages, its just the way things are.

Are you speaking it in french because you know most people wont understand you and so you can make comments that wont get a rise out of people (i.e. the 'if you dont speak modern languages you are stupid/a beast).

I hope you are just joking lol

P.S Your french is actually very good lol, with only a few minor mistakes
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Pottage bon femme!
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Queen of hearts)
Hablar espanol?
Sí, pero soy muy malo.

---
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
hola, como estáis. Estoy mal porque llevo una semana teniendo doler terrible en mis dientes. También a causa de mi medicación no puedo beber alcohol. ¡No es justo!

Ojalá pudiera decir que mi frances fuera bueno pero sería una mentira pero a mi juicio, español es un idioma más interesante porque Español me ha dado la oportunidad de viajar a Latinoamerica etc.

íSi hubiera alguien que se gustaría practicar su español me envíe un mensaje.

Hasta Luego

i wish i could still write back in French. I can understand everything that has been writen but like most people i forgot how to speak, listen to and write french the minute i stopped GCSE.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.84%
No (446)
48.16%

Watched Threads