The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

jhs08
Hah. mate I've overslept every single Saturday brunch this term (but made every sunday so that makes up for it!)

yeah Saturday brunch is way too hard to get up for, but there's no way i'm missing Sunday brunch, it's too good. I miss the bacon and sausages that we got every morning during exam time
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Is there a difference between sat and sun brunch then? To be honest I don't particularly like the brunch - I just grab a plateful of bacon on my way to church on sundays..

Exam breakfasts were good though. I look forwardto them again.. :biggrin:
ooo i'm a veg man on Sat so i've never eaeten the Sat one, maybe that's why i miss it, but the Sun one is awesome. I actually woke up early for the exam breakfasts :yep:
Reply 63
Yep. Id wake up, have a plate of bacon and go back to sleep. Good times.
Reply 64
krisstassen
when did u apply if u dont mind me asking

Only a few days ago, the 24th :s-smilie:
thetopnotch
i'm at Hu Stu now, so if anyone has any basic questions, quote this post with your question and i'll get back to you :smile:

Quoted myself again

Quote this post and i can get back to with any questions on Hu Stu :yep:
Reply 66
By the way, what made you want to stay in Hu Stu again next year? (I know a few others who are doing that as well)
jhs08
By the way, what made you want to stay in Hu Stu again next year? (I know a few others who are doing that as well)

it was easier i guess, i was thinking of going to broadgate but might have worked out more expensive i guess. Also i wanted to live in for the 2nd year, because the workloads going to get crazy next year, this year for econ is pretty much nothing, so i thought that it would be best to stay in.

there's like 60 or 70 returners according to Steve, the guy at reception:yep:
thetopnotch
it was easier i guess, i was thinking of going to broadgate but might have worked out more expensive i guess. Also i wanted to live in for the 2nd year, because the workloads going to get crazy next year, this year for econ is pretty much nothing, so i thought that it would be best to stay in.

You just wanna go partying again and meet freshers girls dont u :wink:
Reply 69
thetopnotch

Bit of an ever estimate there by Steve. There actually just over 30 returners for 09/10 not including tutors. Total will be nowhere near 60 or 70 though! :woo:
BrenLee
Bit of an ever estimate there by Steve. There actually just over 30 returners for 09/10 not including tutors. Total will be nowhere near 60 or 70 though! :woo:

Steves just no brendan eh..
Reply 71
krisstassen

:p: ...:o:
Reply 72
thetopnotch

Whoa, really? When I said i knew a few, I meant like 4... lol

I'm in hall again as well - moving to Cavendish Hall.
BrenLee

haha that's quite an over-estimate, maybe he was talking about the current year :dontknow: have those who haven't requested their old rooms back been put in one block or is that not disclosable?
jhs08
Whoa, really? When I said i knew a few, I meant like 4... lol

I'm in hall again as well - moving to Cavendish Hall.

apparently there's 'only' just over 30 people returning, i think halls are quite cosy, plus i can be a lazy sod, so it's all good i guess:yep:

what made you stay in halls but move? i was thinking of doing this but i'm quite used to Hu Stu now
Reply 75
Ah, well, I'm in a bit of a different situation in that I was asked live in Cav - basically the Christian Union 'nine20' group (you may have heard of the one in Hu Stu) in every hall is led by two second year students who stay in that hall. I was asked to move to Cavendish next year and lead the group there. :smile:

Otherwise, I was thinking of moving into a house or else self-catered. But I will make the sacrifice of another year of hall food. Plus we get the fantastic mealcard for another year!
oh yeah i've heard of it :yep: that's cool, there must be quite a few people doing that then

yeah the mealcard is great :woo:
Reply 77
krisstassen

Steve is very much Steve... a unique individual.

For those that know him - once after dinner when I had nothing better to do, he started talking to me in the porter's lodge - and I managed to get to the stage where he had to make an excuse and leave! I really felt triumphant. :yep:
Reply 78
thetopnotch
oh yeah i've heard of it :yep: that's cool, there must be quite a few people doing that then

yeah the mealcard is great :woo:

Yeah, theres about 40 of us I think spread around (it includes BGP, st peters, jubilee, etc...)

Have you got your offer? Everyone seems to have got theirs on the last day of term. (due to nine20 I know a lot of people who will be living in various halls again!) Got mine, though annoyingly it dosent confirm the specific room you ask for.. (not that I think I won't get it)

alex-hs
For those that know him - once after dinner when I had nothing better to do, he started talking to me in the porter's lodge - and I managed to get to the stage where he had to make an excuse and leave! I really felt triumphant

Truly an achievement! Yeah, Steve's great.
alex-hs
Steve is very much Steve... a unique individual.

For those that know him - once after dinner when I had nothing better to do, he started talking to me in the porter's lodge - and I managed to get to the stage where he had to make an excuse and leave! I really felt triumphant. :yep:

wow that is an achievement, that's epic:yep: his stories are legendary, though hearing them twice becuase he's forgotten he told you...priceless:woo:

Latest