This discussion is closed.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Someone's been logged in as me. It said that my last login was 12 hours ago, but i know for a fact that it wasn't me. This user didn't post anything, but is there anyway to find out their IP? Thing is, it could just be one of the college PCs that i logged into with "remember username/password" mistakenly ticked, and someone else might have gone on the forum innocently and been logged in as me.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Someone's been logged in as me. It said that my last login was 12 hours ago, but i know for a fact that it wasn't me. This user didn't post anything, but is there anyway to find out their IP? Thing is, it could just be one of the college PCs that i logged into with "remember username/password" mistakenly ticked, and someone else might have gone on the forum innocently and been logged in as me.
Change your password - that way it will invalidate any computers you've left logged on
bruceleemk2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Change your password - that way it will invalidate any computers you've left logged on
yeah that sounds like the best idea
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have they posted anything??? if so i can find the ip.

to stop this happening untick the auto sign in box in options in user cp
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
have they posted anything??? if so i can find the ip.

to stop this happening untick the auto sign in box in options in user cp
no nothing was posted. I have changed my password. thanks for your help
Weasel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)

Paranoia is a terrible thing. Lay off the wacky-backy for a bit mate.

Paranoia

1. a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance.
2. unjustified suspicion and mistrust of others.
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The people that own the site can track the IP address, ask them
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by miss Spelled)
The people that own the site can track the IP address, ask them
We can't monitor where people logged in at; only where they posted from.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (15)
44.12%
Take exams next summer (7)
20.59%
Change uni choice through clearing (9)
26.47%
Apply to uni next year instead (3)
8.82%
I'm not applying to university (0)
0%

Watched Threads