This discussion is closed.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
LOL I was just arguing Manchester's case I'm not saying it's alone! I'm glad there are plenty of other student who get to see some proper bands.

I think we actually have identical bands coming round our respective uni venues. I forgot to mention The Darkness, Kosheen, Jools Holland and The Thrills! Didn't get Starsailor though...
I havn't actually been to see anything!!! I couldn't get tickets for the Darkness cos I didn;t fancy getting up at 5.30am on my second day here!! I wish i'd ahve got Starsailor ones though, and jools Holland sounded though he was very good when I was walking past the union when he was playing!!!

Did you by any chance get David Dickinson or Big Brovaz in your Freshers Week? Most people I have spoken to got one or the other!!!
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I havn't actually been to see anything!!! I couldn't get tickets for the Darkness cos I didn;t fancy getting up at 5.30am on my second day here!! I wish i'd ahve got Starsailor ones though, and jools Holland sounded though he was very good when I was walking past the union when he was playing!!!

Did you by any chance get David Dickinson or Big Brovaz in your Freshers Week? Most people I have spoken to got one or the other!!!
LOL no sadly not. We got Justlike Timberlake and Counterfeight Christina though!!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LOL no sadly not. We got Justlike Timberlake and Counterfeight Christina though!!
Hmmm sounds interesting!!!
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
LOL I was just arguing Manchester's case I'm not saying it's alone! I'm glad there are plenty of other student who get to see some proper bands.

I think we actually have identical bands coming round our respective uni venues. I forgot to mention The Darkness, Kosheen, Jools Holland and The Thrills! Didn't get Starsailor though...

Yeah we have even had Kosheen, the thrills and athlete. Still waiting for someone decent though!
picju96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
We had Bowling for Soup, and Wheatus, that's about it. The Bootleg Beatles... Junior Senior were supposed to come, but I didn't see them.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by picju96)
We had Bowling for Soup, and Wheatus, that's about it. The Bootleg Beatles... Junior Senior were supposed to come, but I didn't see them.
No you don't hear warwick on the gig circuit very often! I sympathise with you!
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
I like the Guild .
See, I told you some people really like it! I haven't been there much (I mostly went during Freshers' Week. We mainly go to The Works, Brannaghans, Risa etc.)
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've not been to those places yet, can't really got to Risa on a Monday cos that's when I'm usually finishing work. Couldn't get into Risa or The Works on a Friday though :/. What you studying?
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm studying English. It's great so far.
devilschild
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
brighton is really good for nightlife and if u r at sussex uni there are buses up until 3 in the morning going back there for only a £1. was staying with my bro whos there a few weeks ago and it was wicked. does ne1 know what the night life is like in bath and also is it easy to get2 newcastle from durham to go clubbing. im trying to decide which uni 2 go to but don't know whether to go for the course or the social life
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.24%
Unhappy (52)
28.11%
Conflicted (90)
48.65%

Watched Threads