This discussion is closed.
Sere
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Sorry, can anyone tell me why cigarettes are so expensive in Brtitain. In greece they worth 2.90 euro and in Britain theycost nearly 8 euros. That's a poor anticigarette strategy that has to stop because many people want to buy cigarettes and they cant by due to its price so they have to roll their own cigarettes that it is really annoying believe me
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sere)
many people want to buy cigarettes and they cant by due to its price
Answered you're own question there - the price is high because the government believes in taxing peoples unhealthy habits to subsidise the NHS
Gina17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
smoking is a bad habit anyway!
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Gina17)
smoking is a bad habit anyway!
Yes, damn smokers, I hate them! People should be naked when they smoke in public places, this way they pay for imposing their bad habits upon us.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No, all high prices do is cause people to aquire tobacco illegally to avoid the tax - which I do
Golz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I dont care about cigarettes and how expenisve they are. Cigarettes suck
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
Yes, damn smokers, I hate them! People should be naked when they smoke in public places, this way they pay for imposing their bad habits upon us.
Naked!?!?.. lol

I've alway wondered what smokers do to get the smell of ciggerates of their clothes/hair etc. Because it stinks.. and whenever I go out with my friends I come back smelling like an ashtray- even though I don't smoke..
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the only thing i hate about going to the pub is the inevitable smell in your cloths when u get back
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
the only thing i hate about going to the pub is the inevitable smell in your cloths when u get back
Yeah it's bad, very bad.. one of the things I hate most about going out, apart from idiots who think they're tough after having a few drinks.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
I wouldn't like to see naked people smoking thank you.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
I wouldn't like to see naked people smoking thank you.
Think about this one, son.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (535)
51.15%
No (511)
48.85%

Watched Threads