The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends what pill you are on. Read the instructions on your pill packet
Reply 2
dreamer86
I know that if you are sick while taking the pill you need to use other methods of contraception for 7 days, but what if you are sick after having sex? Alternative contraception won't help. Do I need to do anything?

it depends how long before you were sick you took your pill, as <3 said. PM her and she will sort you out!
Reply 3
took my pill at 8 30 pm wednesday, had sex that night, was sick thursday at lunch time, took my pill thursday night 8 30 pm. I am thinking this is ok, but there is nothing about it in my pill information. I am on dianette if it makes a difference.
Reply 4
dreamer86
took my pill at 8 30 pm wednesday, had sex that night, was sick thursday at lunch time, took my pill thursday night 8 30 pm. I am thinking this is ok, but there is nothing about it in my pill information. I am on dianette if it makes a difference.

The pill will have cleared your stomach long before then, don't worry :smile:
After you first started taking the Pill, did you find you were forever hungry? My doctor warned me to have "self-control" because the idea that the Pill makes you gain weight is merely a myth - it's your appetite that's increased and it's up to you whether you act on it or not.

I've been like a pregnant, cranky goat today. Forever eating!
Reply 6
Thanks very much, its what I was thinking but in case I was wrong the other option was a scary one!
Reply 7
lostinfantasies
After you first started taking the Pill, did you find you were forever hungry? My doctor warned me to have "self-control" because the idea that the Pill makes you gain weight is merely a myth - it's your appetite that's increased and it's up to you whether you act on it or not.

I've been like a pregnant, cranky goat today. Forever eating!

That seems kind of obvious really! It always confuses me when girls say they have gained so much weight from the pill because scientifically speaking the only extra "weight" that's going in you is the actual pill - it can't magically make you fatter because then where is the fat coming from... can't weigh more than the actual pill. Hence it's psychological.
Reply 8
lessthanthree
oh god, my appetite increased tenfold. and naturally I gave into it and became a whale. don't do it >.<

Oh dear God, I can't cope with that! I have a ball dress to fit into!
Reply 9
The pill's made me put on a stone. But I seem to look just the same. Where the sog has it all gone? :confused:
Carb cravings though, mmm.
Helenia
Oh dear God, I can't cope with that! I have a ball dress to fit into!

Same here! I'm changing pills so it's highly likely I'll have all the new side effects again.. depression and weight gain, here I come! :mad:
Reply 11
theotherF.Poste
Same here! I'm changing pills so it's highly likely I'll have all the new side effects again.. depression and weight gain, here I come! :mad:

Well, I'm only contemplating starting it, as I'm not tempting fate right now, but I really cannot afford to put on any weight. Would screw over rowing for starters.
Helenia
Well, I'm only contemplating starting it, as I'm not tempting fate right now, but I really cannot afford to put on any weight. Would screw over rowing for starters.

I think if you have self control you'd be fine.. I gained a few pounds, but on the other hand I have no willpower and am fairly sedentary, plus I got very depressed so it was like Chocolate City at mine :redface:
Reply 13
theotherF.Poste
I think if you have self control you'd be fine.. I gained a few pounds, but on the other hand I have no willpower and am fairly sedentary, plus I got very depressed so it was like Chocolate City at mine :redface:

Hmm, if this is going to get me depressed in exam term, is it a good idea? :eek:
Reply 14
My nails are growing like mad. It's like being pregnant, only without the baby. Hmm. Helenia, if the pill mimics pregnancy with the hormones and stuff, are these like minimalised versions of pregnancy symptoms? :confused:
Reply 15
pikaboo
My nails are growing like mad. It's like being pregnant, only without the baby. Hmm. Helenia, if the pill mimics pregnancy with the hormones and stuff, are these like minimalised versions of pregnancy symptoms? :confused:

The Pill doesn't REALLY mimic pregnancy - that's a very simplified way to describe it. Some of the symptoms are similar, because they're a result of the hormones that are going on, but there are a LOT of pregnancy-related changes that you don't get. I don't know anything about nail growth though!
Reply 16
Helenia
The Pill doesn't REALLY mimic pregnancy - that's a very simplified way to describe it. Some of the symptoms are similar, because they're a result of the hormones that are going on, but there are a LOT of pregnancy-related changes that you don't get. I don't know anything about nail growth though!

Oh okay. If I'm pregnant someday I hope I get to keep the long nails and clear skin benefits though. I've read some pregnant women find that their nails and hair grow much faster than normal.
God, I get so moody though. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
pikaboo
Oh okay. If I'm pregnant someday I hope I get to keep the long nails and clear skin benefits though. I've read some pregnant women find that their nails and hair grow much faster than normal.
God, I get so moody though. :rolleyes:

Intriguing. Better hope you get those benefits if you ever do get pregnant. Distract your attention from getting all fat and puffy :wink:
Reply 18
Helenia
Intriguing. Better hope you get those benefits if you ever do get pregnant. Distract your attention from getting all fat and puffy :wink:

:frown: I don't mind the fat bit...but puffy sogs.
Helenia
Hmm, if this is going to get me depressed in exam term, is it a good idea? :eek:

I don't hear of many people getting depressed.. and it was nothing major, didn't interfere with my a-levels at the time.. but obviously A-levels are far different to uni exams!!

Latest

Trending

Trending