This discussion is closed.
jenagain
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
hey everyone, was searching for help with my personal statement and came across this forum

im applying to university at the moment, gonna defer for a year to earn some much-needed money but then want to do a degree in Interior Design, preferably at Writtle College, part of Essex University.

i've put off writing my personal statement until the last minute and dont have a clue what to write relating to Interior Design! To be honest I dont really know why I want to study it, I just really like it and thought it looked a bit different, but can I really put that?! Im doing related subjects at A Level - Art, Media, Graphics and IT.

Anyone out there written their Interior Design related personal statement already wanna help me?!?!

Jen
xx
lovely
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jenagain)
hey everyone, was searching for help with my personal statement and came across this forum

im applying to university at the moment, gonna defer for a year to earn some much-needed money but then want to do a degree in Interior Design, preferably at Writtle College, part of Essex University.

i've put off writing my personal statement until the last minute and dont have a clue what to write relating to Interior Design! To be honest I dont really know why I want to study it, I just really like it and thought it looked a bit different, but can I really put that?! Im doing related subjects at A Level - Art, Media, Graphics and IT.

Anyone out there written their Interior Design related personal statement already wanna help me?!?!

Jen
xx
http://www.personalstatement.info/
cutie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
look back at old forum pages quite a few still lurking about
khil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have, in five minutes, decided to ramble about interior design for you, based on a genuine passion for interior design. I'm a scientist, if you like, so don't know much about interior design, but I'm a bit of an artist too It's probably not very good since, like I said, I only spent five minutes on this, but see what you think.

"The way interior design can affect moods, atmosphere and even show a glimpse of a person's life style is an amazing thing. Architecture cannot be fully appreciated without a well-done interior. Even at a young age I have admired how small details affect the entire building, such as an extra flower at a table, or the patterns of furniture, colour of the walls. I adore the way in which tiny details build together to give such a dramatic effect in buildings and how this can be controlled in subtle ways. I seek to follow a creative and exciting career in interior design because it gives me an opportunity to express myself, as well as that of my clients'. The chance to shape life style and personality is as much a thrill as it is a mystery and privilege to have. Interior design is such a unique subject and profession and I love it for that. I seek to be an individual who is able to provide the subtle pleasures of atmosphere and environment through the shaping of the interior of architecture for the public to enjoy. The influence interior design has on a person's mood and even outlook on life is enormous and this is simply the most amazing thing imaginable."
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can I just point out, there is a personal statement subfourm.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why has this post been dug up? The preson was asking for help in November, just a hunch, but in July it might be a tad too late.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
By the way, when I think 'interior design' I think design - not the design of shapes of rooms but rather the positioning of various things and matching of various colours to give a specific feel to a room. So if I've gone off the point, sorry! But nonetheless if you make your reasons for interior design sound passionate, which I hope my attempt was, then you should be fine.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Why has this post been dug up? The preson was asking for help in November, just a hunch, but in July it might be a tad too late.
Oh well don't matter - I didn't join this msg board until recently and well I don't usually look when things are posted. It was fun writing it anyway cus I wanna head for Fine Art myself if I fail my A-Levels - so it was useful to start writing in terms of art regardless.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.84%
No (446)
48.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed