Watch
This discussion is closed.
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
hey all

looking around for good male audition speeches for drama school / uni drama course auditions. preferably about 2 mins long - any suggestions would be great - many thanx!

el_borish
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
p.s.

at the mometn i'm considering

"ay...but to die" from measure for measure

but another shakespeare as a banker would be fab, and i'm in desperate need of modern texts! anything that has worked for you, or that you've looked at in the past greatly appreciated!

thanx again!
Aeris
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's hard to think of one for guys, since I'm studying female roles. I loved Rosaline's monologue to Sylvius and Phoebe in "As You Like It." I did that one, and it was so much fun! Hmm...something for a guy.... As far as that play goes, I've seen a lot of guys audition with Jaques' "All the World's a Stage." That's a really good one. I'm sure there are great ones in Henry IV by either Hotspur or the Prince.

Even if this doesn't help, I'm certainly glad to see someone else that's interested in Theatre on this forum. (Although your post is quite old.) It's my second major.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mercutio's Queen Mab speech! I did that for my Drama ex audition, and its surpisingly fun to do!
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Old thread, but...
Hal's soliloquy in Henry IV Part One? ("I know you all...")
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (385)
32.11%
No (814)
67.89%

Watched Threads