The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
approach people yourself....
Reply 21
Anonymous
Ah 17 year olds....you have too much hands on your time 'boi' :tongue: lol

Argh I dont know..I mean this is why Im asking the question, Im not so arrogant to assume that the guys are the problem and not me. But I cant change my face, I like to be a bit of a comedian as life can be too serious...so I dont think I look like a moody arsed cow. There isnt anyone I wouldnt talk to, and...mmm I wonder what the problem is...and maybe its me? But i dont know what...!

Are you genre specific? I'm by no means an expert (I'll admit to never even kissing a girl XD) but I do know that if you open yourself to one genre, the "opposite" one will close.

I was talking with my friend about an experiment lol. One of us are gonna dress indie-rap and see what happens.
I think, making an effort to look cheerful usually helps. I have a naturally pouty face, so even when I'm content, I look like I'm gonna bite someone's head off - so now, I'm more concious of how my face is, so I tend to keep the corners of my mouth turned up into a more cheerful expression.

It also helps, to be a little bit giggly, jokey and lighthearted, because you never know if there's a hot guy listening to your conversations!

Basically, you just have to appear more relaxed, and less like you're gonna beat someone up.
Reply 23
DealerG
Are you genre specific? I'm by no means an expert (I'll admit to never even kissing a girl XD) but I do know that if you open yourself to one genre, the "opposite" one will close.

I was talking with my friend about an experiment lol. One of us are gonna dress indie-rap and see what happens.

Maybe...thats a good point- I think you may have hit on something there.
Maybe its more to do with the guys I attract, or go for...I tend to attract good looking "players". And I tend to go for the nice guy, who is attractive [lets not lie here] but is an unobvious player...the studious ones who appear to be caring, but are actually just as narcissistic as the overt players.

O god that made no sense what so ever. But yes, I think because I like to dress in a stylish..erm...simple way...this shop sums up my style http://www.reiss.co.uk/ lol....it erm maybe pigeon holes me...? I dont know.
Reply 24
Anonymous
Ok, firstly I really dont want to sound like a big headed idiot, so please dont take it as such, this is just what I have been told.

But apparently because "Im attractive" [ i beg to differ, I ve seen myself without make up, and without all the fancy clothes...and I look a hell of a lot different] I model and whatever *finishes bragging*....it makes me difficult to talk to as a person.

Now this upsets me, because people either think a) Im stupid- Im not I got AAAAA for A levels or b) Im stuck up, as "attractive" people can think they are gods gift...or c) im just generally unapproachable and too serious...

...I COULDNT BE MORE DIFFERENT, my sense of humour is crazy and Im certainly not a snob.
But its proving to be an issue, because people wont talk to me...or have massive preconceptions- other people dont seem to have as much of an issue, of course people will always be judgemental.

But how can i look more approachable, not only to guys...but to other girls too?

:sleep: This thread's boring so let's change the subject lol.
What do you think the England vs Slovakia score will be tomorrow?
Reply 25
[QUOTE="joseph1991"]
Anonymous

Ah, well your calculations have paid out this time. It is indeed a male! How silly of me to try and pass him off as a woman...however, dont jump to any conclusions about my sexual orientation. i am sooooo straight, i promise. I resent being called a "boi." If anything, I am a gent. xx

Why cant you be in the region of the country where I reside..besides the fact Im 3 years older than you. But there are very few gents around...I suppose the guys could argue the same for women tbf.
Reply 26
joseph1991
I was just joking, I mean i must be to be posting on TSR at like 11 45.

Heh, I just got neg repped for posting on TSR on a Friday evening. Apparently we must all be losers to be on at this time in the week!

I do love the irony though in that the neg repper themselves had to be on TSR in the first place to see my posts and then neg rep me...
Reply 27
Anonymous

Why cant you be in the region of the country where I reside..besides the fact Im 3 years older than you. But there are very few gents around...I suppose the guys could argue the same for women tbf.

Reue is a true gentleman, I assure you. What part of the country be you in anyway? :wink:
Babes, i think its probably your attitude generally, I'm a model as well (off fashion show and a regular at a few chain stores) and people approach me all the time. we don't know enough about you to pass judgment tho..
maybe you are hanging around the wrong crowds?
Reply 30
To all the self-proclaimed 'models' in this thread (including the OP):

Pics, or you're ugly.
talk to them, be friendly.

alternatively, dont bother with make up, wear casual clothes, maybe draw on a spot?
Urmm... Jump off the pedistall?
I duno, you seem alright to me.
artemisa
To all the self-proclaimed 'models' in this thread (including the OP):

Pics, or you're ugly.

It's not exactly hard to be a model these days though, especially for females. I know a few who do some modelling and they aren't exactly amazingly attractive.
Reply 34
Anonymous
Ok, firstly I really dont want to sound like a big headed idiot, so please dont take it as such, this is just what I have been told.

But apparently because "Im attractive" [ i beg to differ, I ve seen myself without make up, and without all the fancy clothes...and I look a hell of a lot different] I model and whatever *finishes bragging*....it makes me difficult to talk to as a person.

Now this upsets me, because people either think a) Im stupid- Im not I got AAAAA for A levels or b) Im stuck up, as "attractive" people can think they are gods gift...or c) im just generally unapproachable and too serious...

...I COULDNT BE MORE DIFFERENT, my sense of humour is crazy and Im certainly not a snob.

But its proving to be an issue, because people wont talk to me...or have massive preconceptions- other people dont seem to have as much of an issue, of course people will always be judgemental.

But how can i look more approachable, not only to guys...but to other girls too?

Relaxed if you look uptight and defensive people tend to be nervous about approaching you especially as you say your good looking girl.
To be honest, and without any kind of sarcy/funny reply, the best way to be approachable is to approach other people, to talk to them and let them know you're nice and friendly, and not the kind to judge them because you think you're better than them.

It's a nice surprise when someone attractive is down to earth and friendly/talkative/funny :smile:
Reply 36
It's repulsive when distinctly average girls claim they're stunning. It seems that most of the self-proclaimed, wannabe models hold this attitude aswell.
Reply 37
Maybe your looks aren't the issue, check out the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_win_friends

Latest

Trending

Trending