The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

here we go...
Reply 2
you are asking us to watch like 25 mins of this kid!

ED1: this is quite an old argument, 'the complexity of the human brain'

its not that special, its not perfect.

he makes a big deal that
apparently 'more connections in the human brain than atoms in the universe'

what does that prove?
there are more chess moves than atoms in the universe too apparently.

sorry OP doesnt do much for me.

ED2: haha he calls believing that life is the product of chance a 'stupid and ridiculous belief' - and it cuts to a graphic proclaiming 'peace speakers'. is it me or is calling other people stupid not conduive to peace.
loafer
you are asking us to watch like 25 mins of this kid!

Didn't I tell you to watch from minutes 23-26?
Reply 4
I do believe in God, as I think I've been truly blessed to have been born in a great country, have great looks and intellect. I do not think that life is an accident as it's sheer beauty is beyond belief, and this is why I believe in God.
Reply 5
his son has a girlfriend??? LOL
Because I am a Rational human being, and there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of God.

I don't need to make up fairy tales to help myself cope with life.
Diaz89
his son has a girlfriend??? LOL

Yeah I know. She's hot too (not hijabi).
Xerophelistica
Because I am a Rational human being, and there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of God.

I don't need to make up fairy tales to help myself cope with life.

Did you watch from 23 mins?
Reply 9
fioram
I do believe in God, as I think I've been truly blessed to have been born in a great country, have great looks and intellect. I do not think that life is an accident as it's sheer beauty is beyond belief, and this is why I believe in God.

:lolwut: :rolleyes: right........
Reply 10
I watched for like a minute from 23:00 but it seemed to be leading up to 'humans amaze ourselves, therefore there simply must be a God' so I stopped. I might have held out longer were it not for the beard. Urgh.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Did you watch from 23 mins?

No, but trust me, I've heard it ALL before. Not a single argument from the Religious is even slightly convincing when you put it up to some scientific scrutiny.
Reply 12
To be honest, I just can't believe in something if there is no proof. I have no desire to believe in a God, I have no "hole in my heart" because of this and I don't see why I should ever have to choose to simply believe or not believe. I don't care for a God and can't be bothered to waste my time thinking about it.
Haven't you heard this ******** a million times?

Have you heard of evolution?

And even if you accept the argument, all it "proves" is the existence of a clever creator - not necessarily a God, and by no means necessarily the Islamic or Christian or any other God.

It's idiots like you that are feeding the Dawkins-monster.
There are so many of these threads, and I think unless someone comes up with something that is in any way more original than Aquinas' basic attempts we're not gonna get anywhere... 'Death by a thousand qualifications' an' all...
I don't think I quite agree, but I love the ktib's attitude. :p:
Bubbles*de*Milo
I'm not Muslim (and I know this guys sons girlfriend..), but I think this is a pretty compelling argument that their must be a creator of some sort?

Firstly, seeking to justify the existence of 'god' by referring to the complexity of the universe would lead to an infinite regress. Who invented 'god'? You can't just say He way always there - that's not good enough. Plus, evolution by natural selection over billions of years accounts for the complexity of life on earth.

Secondly, it's one thing to believe in a creator per se. It's a whole different ball game to ascribe certain characteristics to this entity - e.g. 'god' listens to your prayers, 'god' is homophobic, 'god' regards men as superior to women, etc.
Reply 18
Diaz89
:lolwut: :rolleyes: right........

Yes, I have great looks, but as we all know, looks aren't everything. God gave me great looks and great intellect. Therefore I fail to see how this was an accident, and therefore I believe in a divine being.
quid est veritas?
Firstly, seeking to justify the existence of 'god' by referring to the complexity of the universe would lead to an infinite regress. Who invented 'god'? You can't just say He way always there - that's not good enough.

Secondly, it's one thing to believe in a creator per se. It's a whole different ball game to ascribe certain characteristics to this entity - e.g. 'god' listens to your prayers, 'god' is homophobic, 'god' regards men as superior to women, etc

I didn't say their was. Didn't I say specifically 'a creator'? I wasn't talking about the Jewish Yahweh, Christian God or Muslim Allah was I? I know this video is Islamic but I also said I'm not Muslim.

Latest

Trending

Trending