Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kind of strange reason I'm asking about these... basically my best friend and my ex-bf have decided that I have some kind of problem with my eating. They say this because I have a really small appetite and I've lost quite a bit of weight recently (I am not underweight though- I'm just over 8 stone).

I also told my mate (when drunk, i didn't mean to) that i have made myself sick in that past, but i haven't done that for ages and ages + probably haven't done it more than half a dozen times ever.... and i know this suggests that i have an eating problem... but i now realise it was stupid thing to do and i'm honestly never going to do it again.

i was just wondering if anyone has any experience of eating problems... although i'm positive i don't have one... i just wanted to hear about anyone who has had problems in the past...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    Kind of strange reason I'm asking about these... basically my best friend and my ex-bf have decided that I have some kind of problem with my eating. They say this because I have a really small appetite and I've lost quite a bit of weight recently (I am not underweight though- I'm just over 8 stone).

I also told my mate (when drunk, i didn't mean to) that i have made myself sick in that past, but i haven't done that for ages and ages + probably haven't done it more than half a dozen times ever.... and i know this suggests that i have an eating problem... but i now realise it was stupid thing to do and i'm honestly never going to do it again.

i was just wondering if anyone has any experience of eating problems... although i'm positive i don't have one... i just wanted to hear about anyone who has had problems in the past...

lou xxx
    Hey Lou

Im going through the same thing with a friend at the moment too. The main thing is that they are only saying it cos they wanna make sure you dont go and do sumthing stupid. 8 stone is quite light by the way, how tall r u? It just means that they are looking out for u.

ReputationRep:
    i did, i had 2 go 2 a care kind of thing 4 6 weeks, and know i think i am over weight!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely)
    i did, i had 2 go 2 a care kind of thing 4 6 weeks, and know i think i am over weight!!
    really? wot was it like? Did they, like, force feed u? Was everyone else there really skinny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :P:P:P:P:P)
    Was everyone else there really skinny?
    Eating disorders go both ways remember.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lou

Im going through the same thing with a friend at the moment too. The main thing is that they are only saying it cos they wanna make sure you dont go and do sumthing stupid. 8 stone is quite light by the way, how tall r u? It just means that they are looking out for u.
    yeah i know they are, but it drives me crazy. they seem to swap stories with each other and jump to the wrong conclusions. the other week, i went to lunch with my ex, but i felt sick (i ended up going home from college later because i was ill), so i just didn't eat cos i was feeling poorly. he then went + told my best mate 'louisa's not eating' and i got a huge lecture from her......
    i am only 5'2, so it's quite light, but not underweight.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    really? wot was it like? Did they, like, force feed u? Was everyone else there really skinny?
    yes
    they kinda did force me, i woz very skinny, i woz 11 years old and weighted only 4 stone! now i am 13(14 next wed!!!) and now i weight around 52 kilos, i have had recent tests at hospital and they wrked out my body mass to be around 20, which is good!
    if u give me ur height in metres and ur weight in kilos i will be able to work ur body mass out 4 u!

ReputationRep:
    yes
    they kinda did force me, i woz very skinny, i woz 11 years old and weighted only 4 stone! now i am 13(14 next wed!!!) and now i weight around 52 kilos, i have had recent tests at hospital and they wrked out my body mass to be around 20, which is good!
    if u give me ur height in metres and ur weight in kilos i will be able to work ur body mass out 4 u!
    i know mine's about 21... it used to be about 24,but i do a lot more exercise now.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i know mine's about 21... it used to be about 24,but i do a lot more exercise now.

lou xxx
    21, dats not skinny at all! i am 20 and consider my self fat!!!

ReputationRep:
    yes
    Im about 5'10 and i weigh 10 stone 5 im a boy btw

ReputationRep:
    21, dats not skinny at all! i am 20 and consider my self fat!!!
    20 is not fat lol! Youd have to be at least 25-30 toeven be overweight

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i really want to lose some weight but am not sure bout how.
    everyone says eat healthy and exercise but i am finding it difficult cos i have not got much free time. i also snack on biscuits quite a lot and unhealthy things. I am not hugely over weight, I just dont feel happy with my weight, so has anyone got any pointers for me?
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    hi
    i really want to lose some weight but am not sure bout how.
    everyone says eat healthy and exercise but i am finding it difficult cos i have not got much free time. i also snack on biscuits quite a lot and unhealthy things. I am not hugely over weight, I just dont feel happy with my weight, so has anyone got any pointers for me?
    thanx
    I wouldnt say im overweight

all i do is eat what i want and exercise for fun...it makes it not a chore....if you feel hungry, dont feel the need to eat right away ... just leave the hunger pains until the next meal - of fill up on water until next meal

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say im overweight

all i do is eat what i want and exercise for fun...it makes it not a chore....if you feel hungry, dont feel the need to eat right away ... just leave the hunger pains until the next meal - of fill up on water until next meal
    that's what i do, i only eat when i'm hungry, which basically means i only really need one meal a day + i exercise when i'm too stressed- i go swimmign a few times a week, maybe go the gym while i'm there + i go dancing as well.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    that's what i do, i only eat when i'm hungry, which basically means i only really need one meal a day + i exercise when i'm too stressed- i go swimmign a few times a week, maybe go the gym while i'm there + i go dancing as well.

lou xxx
    If youre a naturally sporty person youll never be fat

ReputationRep:
    If youre a naturally sporty person youll never be fat
    i'm not really naturally sporty, i'm just one of these people who needs to do exercise otherwise i do get fat.

lou xxx

I'm just over 8 stone
    what a blob!

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    Don't worry about it...I am the same as you in that I just eat when I am hungry (which is like a sandwich at lunch then something around 9pm). I always get people saying that I have an eating disorder but I have stayed the same weight for the past three years so I think they are wrong lol although I am quite slim compared to most people.

If you start loosing weight then you should start to think about it more seriously but if your weight is staying the same then you obviously aint doing any harm.

ReputationRep:
    I always used to have a battle to eat, and always used to think I was fat but I never had a real eating disorder. I did eat as much as my appetite let me, but my friends were always worried and they only do it cos they're concerned. I'm 5'10, yes I know I'm tall, and 9st 5 and this is a bit underweight but i'm comfortable as I am, and as long as you're comfy as you are then you just need to reassure them there isn't anything to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    do u know what my body mass is my heigh: 5'5 and weight 7'5

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.