Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    for a start, i wrote this nearly 6 months ago.

and i'm now getting nice and fat. woooooo.

lou xxx
    Oh I didn't see that, well nice to hear it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    slow down my friend and check the date on that post. second, scroll up a few posts, and third, congratulate the lady on her achievment! well done lou!
    lol, if i hadn't just given out rep i would give you some.

but advice for anyone else- if you ever think what i thought when i posted this, chances are you are dangerously close to having a problem.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    A small appetite is not an eating disorder.
    Making yourself consume a mere single slice of toast per day isn't a small appetite, that is an eating disorder. The human body requires alot more nourishment than that to remain healthy.

And there is a difference between having a small appetite, and making yourself have a small appetite.

ReputationRep:
    i have probably made myself sick about 20 times, but not for about 5 months now

ReputationRep:
    Kind of strange reason I'm asking about these... basically my best friend and my ex-bf have decided that I have some kind of problem with my eating. They say this because I have a really small appetite and I've lost quite a bit of weight recently (I am not underweight though- I'm just over 8 stone).

I also told my mate (when drunk, i didn't mean to) that i have made myself sick in that past, but i haven't done that for ages and ages + probably haven't done it more than half a dozen times ever.... and i know this suggests that i have an eating problem... but i now realise it was stupid thing to do and i'm honestly never going to do it again.

i was just wondering if anyone has any experience of eating problems... although i'm positive i don't have one... i just wanted to hear about anyone who has had problems in the past...

lou xxx
    Not going to get into this in any depth on here, but I have a significant history of both anorexia and bulimia. I am lucky, and consider myself recovered (at best many can only describe themselves as recovering). It tokk 10 years to get to this stage, butI am here.

If anyone wants to ask questions, run ideas past me, etc feel free to PM me.

Fxx

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends think I have an eating disorder because I can't eat breakfast and feel sick, and don't like the food at school so don't eat lunch and only eat dinner and maybe a sandwich late at night.

I know it plays hell with my metabolism (sp?) but I can't help it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i have probably made myself sick about 20 times, but not for about 5 months now
    but do you ever find that something will happen and the thought will cross your mind again and you get so close to doing it? that's when i get really scared about my eating. i've not it done for quite a long time either and i was more concerned that i blamed (and to an extent still do) my entire problem on my ex-bf (even while it happened when we going out). and no one understand it unless they've been there.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Do people who have eating disorders do it out of habit or find themselves physically repulsive and mentally want to lose weight?

ReputationRep:
    but do you ever find that something will happen and the thought will cross your mind again and you get so close to doing it? that's when i get really scared about my eating. i've not it done for quite a long time either and i was more concerned that i blamed (and to an extent still do) my entire problem on my ex-bf (even while it happened when we going out). and no one understand it unless they've been there.

lou xxx
    yeh, i did - that's why i haven't done it for a while, bu i would still do it again, even though i now it's stupid. i was in kinda the same situation, coz it was long distance we saw each ther about once every 6 weeks and i ate nothing the three days each time b4 i saw him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Some of my friends think I have an eating disorder because I can't eat breakfast and feel sick, and don't like the food at school so don't eat lunch and only eat dinner and maybe a sandwich late at night.

I know it plays hell with my metabolism (sp?) but I can't help it.
    hmm, i dont eat breakfast, often dont eat lunch but i pig out when i get home, perhaps you should try eating more fatty foods at home to retain substance (for want of a better phrase)

ReputationRep:
    my friends think that i dont eat enough...like i dont eat breakfast...makes me feel sick, lunch...just depends...mite have it with me but wont eat it, sometimes will eat dinner...other times i will say i had a big lunch so my mum wont freak...
    its not an eating disorder if u have about a meal a day is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    Making yourself consume a mere single slice of toast per day isn't a small appetite, that is an eating disorder. The human body requires alot more nourishment than that to remain healthy.

And there is a difference between having a small appetite, and making yourself have a small appetite.
    You really have no idea do you? And i cant be bothere to go into the details of my life and appetite and how that effects my sporting commitments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yeh, i did - that's why i haven't done it for a while, bu i would still do it again, even though i now it's stupid. i was in kinda the same situation, coz it as ong distance we saw each ther btonce every 6 weeks and i ate nothing the three days each time b4 i saw him
    i think you both have remarkable figures, judging from the pictures

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i dont eat breakfast
    woohoo anti breakfaster baby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    my friends think that i dont eat enough...like i dont eat breakfast...makes me feel sick, lunch...just depends...mite have it with me but wont eat it, sometimes will eat dinner...other times i will say i had a big lunch so my mum wont freak...
    its not an eating disorder if u have about a meal a day is it?
    Probably just because you're small. But you need a fair bit more than a meal a day!

Can I ask, do women just have something against eating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Probably just because you're small. But you need a fair bit more than a meal a day!

i do...hate food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    woohoo anti breakfaster baby!
    lol, damn straight! ooo oo, wer you in st albans today? i swear i saw you taking a driving lesson down my road

ReputationRep:

quite the opposite it think, it's just what happens to us when we eat that we are against

ReputationRep:
    lol, damn straight! ooo oo, wer you in st albans today? i swear i saw you taking a driving lesson down my road
    hahaha...wishful thinking methinks

ReputationRep:

Nope, when im hungry i eat lots, when im not...I just aot hungry!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.