Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well personally I can't get enough of food - tis brilliant stuff

Have just calculated my BMI as 20 (I'm 19, 5ft1 and vary between 7.5 and 8 stone).

I dont really do much excercise at the moment either - mind you when I'm 40 I'll probably turn into a big fat lump but I doubt it will stop me enjoying food - I'll just have to enjoy it in a healthier way :rolleyes:

I do feel for people who worry about their weight etc though - my sister is slightly overweight and used to be very unhappy but just recently shes turned sensible, eats healthily (no faddy dieting etc) and excercises regularly but sensibly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirrel)
    Well personally I can't get enough of food - tis brilliant stuff

Have just calculated my BMI as 20 (I'm 19, 5ft1 and vary between 7.5 and 8 stone).

I dont really do much excercise at the moment either - mind you when I'm 40 I'll probably turn into a big fat lump but I doubt it will stop me enjoying food - I'll just have to enjoy it in a healthier way :rolleyes:

I do feel for people who worry about their weight etc though - my sister is slightly overweight and used to be very unhappy but just recently shes turned sensible, eats healthily (no faddy dieting etc) and excercises regularly but sensibly.
    u shud be proud of her for doing it properly...it isnt always that easy...there are lots of ways to do it quickly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    If you really know anything about athletics/sport, then you would know that your body requires alot more than a slice of toast for nutrition. So yes I do have an idea actually. I have participated in numerous marathon runs and know that I need to maintain a balanced diet and to especially load up on carbohydrates before an event.
    I have been captain of the Queensland Girls basketball team for 4 years running. Ive been captain of the Brisbane girls basketball team for 6 years running. Ive been captain and MVP for Wavell A grade for 5 years running. Ive been playing basketball hard out since I was 4 years old. I have been in the Queensland girls water polo team for 3 years now. I have trained with the Australian Institute of Sport's basketball sector for 4 years. I had a crontract with A.I.S to play in the WNBL but had to pull out becuase i broke my back last year and cant play at national level for fear of further injury.

(bet you all thought i was just a fashion plate diddnt you! )

So I know what is best for me. I did not say i dont eat. I just dont eat when im not hungry, when i am hungry (and shock horror, it happens quite a bit) I do eat, and i eat until im very full. This does not mean i have an eatign disorder, If I did id be put on probation with AIS, thats is something id never let happen, understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    that's what i do, i only eat when i'm hungry, which basically means i only really need one meal a day
    lou xxx
    theres yours problem. its what i used to say to myself...i only need to eat when i was hungry...and it just happened that i was only hungry enough for one slice of bread a day.

you should really get into the habbit of eating 3 times a day, even if your not hungry...then your body will get used to it, and you'll be hungry 3 times a day.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Hiya- i started reading this thread right from the very beginning and i am VERY concered as to what "Lovely" said about a BMI of over 20 being fat! It is not at all! A BMI of between 19 and 25 is within the healthy range so Lou p Lou, please don't worry. I have had some experience of eating problems myself and i would urge anyone out there who is suffering to get help cos it makes things a lot easier. Good luck to everyone and i hope Lou p Lou is in good health at the moment

Lou
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    BMIs can be misleading - some people 20 carry way too much fat, while some people can have one over 25 and actually carry next to no fat, its all muscle. theres no way people should be trying to kill off muscle is there... so i think its a bit dodgy to base everything on weight. my BMI is reasonably high, i think it comes out as 26 which makes me overweight.... but i know that as a size 10 (on a good day an 8) i am not fat. some people just freak when they see their BMI is over 25 and try and lose weight when in reality they dont need to. i'll admit that i lost weight over the past year cos i was alarmed at how much i weighed - i was a rather round size 16 though and i know i am looking a whole lot better now. it all depends what you see in the mirror - you cant judge it on numbers and clothes sizes its whether your size irritates you, makes you ill or in my case i just found it physically uncomfortable. some people can be very sexy @ a size 16... i wasnt one of those people (i looked like i was wearing someone elses body)... and whatever their BMI is they should just stay that weight. equally there are people, who if they weighed as much as i do would be huge and unhappy about it. everyone is different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maskal|)
    Broke your back?!! At the grand national? Are you a horse jockey or sumthing? Are you in a weelchair now then? Sorry to hear that.
    No, the nationals>> basketball champs in Australia. And no im not in a wheelchair, diddnt get the spinal chord, i got a whole heap of vertabrae whacked out of place. Im fine now though

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.