Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    I found that the bcg injection itself really hurt - it felt how i'd imagine a wasp sting feels. Having said that, my arm only ached slightly for a few minutes afterwards (mainly because everyone else was complaining that their arms hurt and so i thought i'd wack mine to see if it did too!). Other people also felt quite ill with it - temperatures and the like,but i didn't have any such reaction. When i had the tetanus booster in year 10, though, my arm really hurt for about 2 weeks afterwards, so i guess your experience depends on how your individual body responds.
    Yeah, I felt a bit sickly afterwards, but that was only because I was extremely nervous, I would think.
    Most people had no trouble at all. I was in the minoritiy.
    If you don't touch it, it will heel quicker. I didn't find that mine ached. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep on one side, but it was fine.

It was a bit weird though, she must have left the needle in for about 20 seconds, very strange. :confused:

(Original post by gemgems89)
    Yeah, I felt a bit sickly afterwards, but that was only because I was extremely nervous, I would think.
    Most people had no trouble at all. I was in the minoritiy.
    If you don't touch it, it will heel quicker. I didn't find that mine ached. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep on one side, but it was fine.

It was a bit weird though, she must have left the needle in for about 20 seconds, very strange. :confused:
    Nah, theres quite a lot of fluid to go in. Plus its a subdermal injection (hence why they go in at an angle, and why the needle is so long)
    Means they have to inject quite slowly, else fluid will squirt out
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    I found that the bcg injection itself really hurt - it felt how i'd imagine a wasp sting feels. Having said that, my arm only ached slightly for a few minutes afterwards (mainly because everyone else was complaining that their arms hurt and so i thought i'd wack mine to see if it did too!). Other people also felt quite ill with it - temperatures and the like,but i didn't have any such reaction. When i had the tetanus booster in year 10, though, my arm really hurt for about 2 weeks afterwards, so i guess your experience depends on how your individual body responds.
    hav mine next week...had the test thing with six neeedles today an scared the nurse people because it tickled my arm and i burst out laughing. does the actual jab thing hurt that much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I had a TB injection in June. It was supposed to hurt, but it didn't really, it just felt like a scrape and a bit uncomfortable. I can't stand injections...they are my worst nightmare
    [COLOR=darkorange]hi, i've got my TB injection tomorrow morning at school! I am NOT looking forward to it...plz can you tell me if if hurts (truthfully) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The BCG jab itself really doesn't hurt too much- people imagine it to be a lot worse than it is. Sometimes the worst bit is a few weeks afterwards when it starts to scab and things but still, none of it is as bad as people say (coming from personal experience and friends)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.