This discussion is closed.
CHAD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Heya everyone,
Has anyone got any ideas what I should do for my GCSE English Oral exam? It has to be interesting and keep the audiences attention throughout. It can be to do with anything. I have to make my speech it 2 weeks but I want to have time to research and prepare it properly. Does anyone have any ideas?
Any ideas would be great!
thanx!
Virus
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
don't know
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Heya everyone,
Has anyone got any ideas what I should do for my GCSE English Oral exam? It has to be interesting and keep the audiences attention throughout. It can be to do with anything. I have to make my speech it 2 weeks but I want to have time to research and prepare it properly. Does anyone have any ideas?
thanx!
Something you're interested in, and know a decent amount about?

You'll find it easier to write then. Also, you'll have a good chance of being able to answer any questions at the end... however bizarre they may be.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
a good idea might be to try and pick a hobby you know quite a lot about, and then try and make it relevant to other people!

not many peopple are goin to be interested in breeding fruit-flies for instance, so kep away from that kind of thing, but i did mine on drama, and storytelling.

i tld a couple of anecdotes about things tta have happened while ive been onstage etc, and did a small piece about how "one of the basic human loves is to tell stories" etc etc, you get the idea

so: something you're interested in, and find an angle evrryone can enjoy
good luck!
:P:P:P:P:P
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Heya everyone,
thanx!
I did smoking in public - should it be banned - i got an A so i didnt do too bad! And its interesting and can get everyone in your group involved
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I did mine on whether cannabis should be legalised.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Heya everyone,
Has anyone got any ideas what I should do for my GCSE English Oral exam?
Talk about GCSE Oral exams and what a waste of time they are.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Heya everyone,
thanx!
Pretend to present the news. I.e roleplay, get into a group and present the news.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
or you can pretend to be Po, the Teletubby. Start screaming "OH OH!" and give your teacher a fat, wet, sloppy kiss.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
or you can pretend to be Po, the Teletubby. Start screaming "OH OH!" and give your teacher a fat, wet, sloppy kiss.
Uh..no.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I remember doing that. I yammered on about post-war communism in Eastern-Europe for 5 minutes. Everyone else talked about their pets, though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%