The Student Room Group

Behold, the London-New York tunnel

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7415911.stm

:nutcase:

If you believe artist and inventor Paul St George then his "Telectroscope" connects New York and London via a (very) long tunnel running through the earth's crust, with the images bouncing back and forth using mirrors.

The other explanation is that it is all done by optical fibres - take your pick.

One end of the "tunnel" emerges next to Tower Bridge on the banks of the Thames in London - the other is next to Brooklyn Bridge on the banks of New York's East River.
I saw this on the news ages ago. It was quite interesting though, I think they've taken it down now.
Reply 2
"the New York crowd shout, and for a moment, two groups of strangers, in two cities thousands of miles apart, jump up and down and smile at one another."

cute! the bit about the police was funny.
Reply 3
"the New York crowd shout, and for a moment, two groups of strangers, in two cities thousands of miles apart, jump up and down and smile at one another."

cute! the bit about the police was funny.
BBC
A New York policeman stands in front with a message. A man at the other end writes something down.

"How's the band?"

"I'm with the NYPD, not the group The Police," the copper writes back.

English sarcasm clearly does not work down a tunnel.

Lulz.
Reply 5
oh, i thought you were talking about this tunnel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_tunnel

Ollllllllld. I saw it in London about a year ago.
Reply 7
Oh i went to this when it was there
it was so much fun seriously waving at the kids in NY!
I got some pics somwhere lol
Reply 8
i waved to the people in london from brooklyn whilst i was eating ice cream.
Reply 9
Wow, now taking bets, how many terrorist attacks is that going to attract??? geeeez, its bad enough now the IRA are making a come back. Im paranoid by the way.

EDIT: LMAO I thought you were talking about a train tunnel, my bad. I feel silly now *redfaced* lol.
Saw this last year. Someone in Brooklyn thought I was a woman.
Reply 11
I like that sort of art. It's nice how, even despite the world of webcams and **** like that, people can still find something like that intriguing.
L i b
I like that sort of art. It's nice how, even despite the world of webcams and **** like that, people can still find something like that intriguing.

Oh, but it's 'art' :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Feral Beast
Oh, but it's 'art' :rolleyes:

Don't be vulgar.
L i b
Don't be vulgar.

I only read the last part of what you said. I thought you didn't like it too. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending