This discussion is closed.
lil_becky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
The league tables are confusing me! I wanna apply to study Business Management at Surrey however, I cannot decide whether I should rely on the Guardian table which ranks Surrey uni 1st, or the Timesonline which ranks it 32nd! Damn it why is there such a huge contrast?
Please help!!
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Don't just rely on subject league tables - look at other things like overall reputation, and if you get a chance, visit the place.
lil_becky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Don't just rely on subject league tables - look at other things like overall reputation, and if you get a chance, visit the place.
Thanks Adhsur, i am obviously not gonna rely totally on the league tables, I will ofcourse be visiting the place and as far as I know the overall reputation of the Uni is quite good, however, I am very much concerned about choosing the right Uni for my course and therefore, the ranking subjectwise plays an important role in my selection!
Hope u understand what i mean.... cheers anyway
mr-shiraz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Even though League tables arent to be relied upon, that is a BIG difference.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads