Government and Politics-A Level or just GCSE under a different name?:p

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Godmaster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
This is like the easier subject im doin lol there is no specific content, u need like 65% for an A and the stuff u learn in terms of demand are similar to say arguing and recalling skills at History GCSE.
Whats ur views on this?
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Godmaster)
This is like the easier subject im doin lol there is no specific content, u need like 65% for an A and the stuff u learn in terms of demand are similar to say arguing and recalling skills at History GCSE.
Whats ur views on this?
I did g&p a level and i have to say that, although I would say I probably found it the easiest of all mysubjects, it is no walk in the park! The A2 synoptic paper is a nightmare - just so much to remember!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I do G+P A level, it's not the easiest of my subjects and it's actually suprisingly difficult at A2, but only in the sense there is a lot of material to learn. If you learn the stuff, read around and generally watch the news you can do well, the whole A2 course is on Ideologies, AS was about governing the UK and participation which was pretty much common sense.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sophdoph)
I do G+P A level, it's not the easiest of my subjects and it's actually suprisingly difficult at A2, but only in the sense there is a lot of material to learn. If you learn the stuff, read around and generally watch the news you can do well, the whole A2 course is on Ideologies, AS was about governing the UK and participation which was pretty much common sense.
Not necessarily on ideology - it depends which spec you follow. My A2 was focussed on comparative British and American politics.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeh, there are 4 routes I think? We had ideologies chosen for us!
Godmaster
Rep:
?
Yeh, there are 4 routes I think? We had ideologies chosen for us!
ive got edexcel route a nxt year...which 1 is that? cnt b bothered 2 dig up the spec:-p
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Just had a look in my beautiful politics folder..only beautiful as just had parents eve and ideologies is route B so it won't be that!
Godmaster
Rep:
?
Just had a look in my beautiful politics folder..only beautiful as just had parents eve and ideologies is route B so it won't be that!
cheerz
rah
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Godmaster)
Whats ur views on this?
AS is well easy but A2 was so much harder it was scary, having to *work*, we did route d i think which was tricky
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by rah)
AS is well easy but A2 was so much harder it was scary, having to *work*, we did route d i think which was tricky
well im doin the as atm DONT SCARE ME!!!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Easy? *******s! It's hard enough staying awake in the lesson!!! In my first module I got an E because I was merely coasting through it all at that time (though A and B in other modules through coasting isn't too bad at all...), decided to fixup and missed an A overall by 4 marks. Not easy at all, and it's even more boring (now, doing A2) looking at our government vs the USA.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
didn't they rename it to general studies. lol :cool:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
didn't they rename it to general studies. lol :cool:
<scoffs> You need a slap for that!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (556)
50.32%
No (549)
49.68%

Watched Threads