The Student Room Group

Revision

I just wondered, how long do you guys revise for at any given time?

How long altogether for each Uni module?

How long before the exam do you start and how does your revision progress?

When do you start practising on past papers?

Do you read new material or just rewrite notes etc?

Just intrigued to know if I am doing it right!! :rolleyes:
Reply 1
I don't think there's a right way of doing it, as long as you're understanding the work and getting good marks at the end of it.

I tend to start revising formally a few weeks before my exams, before that I still normally have coursework to finish!

I try and write revision notes for each lecture as I go along so I don't have to do them all at the end of term.

I try to split each revision day into three - morning, afternoon and evening - and attempt to do a couple of hours in each section. I don't know how people revise for like 10hours solid - I just can't do that!

I try and read new material if I have time but mainly just work from lecture notes. I don't get past papers to practise so I can't use them! :frown:
Reply 2
gillipies
I don't think there's a right way of doing it, as long as you're understanding the work and getting good marks at the end of it.

I tend to start revising formally a few weeks before my exams, before that I still normally have coursework to finish!

I try and write revision notes for each lecture as I go along so I don't have to do them all at the end of term.

I try to split each revision day into three - morning, afternoon and evening - and attempt to do a couple of hours in each section. I don't know how people revise for like 10hours solid - I just can't do that!

I try and read new material if I have time but mainly just work from lecture notes. I don't get past papers to practise so I can't use them! :frown:

That's helpful thanks :smile:

When you say that you write revision notes after each lecture (:s-smilie: wish I'd done that now!) How comprehensive is it? Just a summary of the lecture of more? My lecture notes consist of about 6 sides per lecture :eek3:
Reply 3
Lol, mine have up to about 40 slides per lecture. Yeah I just use the main learning objectives from each lecture and write summary notes around them. Usually 1/2 pages of typed A4 :smile:

Latest