The Student Room Group

dvla database update?

Hi

I passed my test last thursday, (27th March). Now to get insured on my dads company car, i need to fill in a declation form, giving my dads company permission for them to check my driving details with the DVLA. I need to basically show up as a passed full licence driver. I rang them up today and they said, i'm still a provisional on their database.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the DVLA computers to be updated?

Cheers
Reply 1
It will be updated when they recieve your provisional licence and other associated documentation from the DSA.
Reply 2
First of all, make a quick check of the DL25 (driving test report) given to you by your test examiner. At the bottom right, under "Licence rec'd", see if the "Yes" box is crossed. Did you sign the health declaration under that?

If so, the process works like this: The top copy of the report will have been posted first class to Newcastle or Cardiff (depending where in GB you took the test) then it will be in a queue waiting to be scanned (they get thousands every day) and the details forwarded electronically to the DVLA. Assuming the post arrived on Friday (you expect Royal Mail to be quick?) yours will be getting scanned any day now. DVLA should have you registered as a full licence holder round about the end of this week, but sh!t happens.

If you changed address recently and wrote your new address on the counterpart of your licence, the "COA" box will be crossed and even when the DVLA are made aware of your test pass, they will wait for your counterpart with new address to arrive seperately by post before issuing your licence. This is why your examiner told you to expect your licence to arrive in the post in around 20 working days.

If the "No" box is crossed, no action will be taken by the DSA or DVLA until you claim entitlement yourself by sending all your forms in the post.
Reply 3
Advisor
First of all, make a quick check of the DL25 (driving test report) given to you by your test examiner. At the bottom right, under "Licence rec'd", see if the "Yes" box is crossed. Did you sign the health declaration under that?

If so, the process works like this: The top copy of the report will have been posted first class to Newcastle or Cardiff (depending where in GB you took the test) then it will be in a queue waiting to be scanned (they get thousands every day) and the details forwarded electronically to the DVLA. Assuming the post arrived on Friday (you expect Royal Mail to be quick?) yours will be getting scanned any day now. DVLA should have you registered as a full licence holder round about the end of this week, but sh!t happens.

If you changed address recently and wrote your new address on the counterpart of your licence, the "COA" box will be crossed and even when the DVLA are made aware of your test pass, they will wait for your counterpart with new address to arrive seperately by post before issuing your licence. This is why your examiner told you to expect your licence to arrive in the post in around 20 working days.

If the "No" box is crossed, no action will be taken by the DSA or DVLA until you claim entitlement yourself by sending all your forms in the post.

thanks for replying mate,

when i passed i did have to sign the health box and he took my paper licence and the photo one off me and said my pink one will arive within 3-4 weeks.

i thought it will be updated in about a weeks time as well, but thats if my examiner sent my details off for friday.

I'll give them a ring again on friday, thanks mate
How long take to show online u have full liecene
How long take to show online u have a full uk driving licence if u pass week before
I pass In Wednesday and today is Tuesday still no show online i have full liecene
Reply 7
Original post by Same12345
I pass In Wednesday and today is Tuesday still no show online i have full liecene

It updates when you receive your licence. Don't bump old threads, and don't spam posts either.

Quick Reply

Latest