Turn on thread page Beta

legalisation of guns watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i was just thinking what all you lot thought about the system in america where guns are legaly available to buy? do you think this shoud be incorporated in britan ?

It may cut down on crime if an offender new that the victim might be carrying personal protection?

What are your views on the subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark9766)
    i was just thinking what all you lot thought about the system in america where guns are legaly available to buy? do you think this shoud be incorporated in britan ?

It may cut down on crime if an offender new that the victim might be carrying personal protection?

i personally dont think that it should be.people can still carry protection (e.g. mace,lock knife etc) so wats the need of guns?

ReputationRep:

Well I don't think guns should be legally available. Then just any old person would get one and start shooting them for the sake of it or as a joke. Look at all the shootings in America.

ReputationRep:

It'd probably cause more crime because it would be easier for criminals to get hold of guns and carry them legally (even if they dont use them legally)

ReputationRep:
    there are alot of shootings in place like hansworth, leciester. there is more shootings in the US as it is bigger

ReputationRep:
    surely it is better to not have the weapons in the first place
    (although some people will still attack you...WMD anyone?)
    than to have the OPPURTUNITY to use them?

ReputationRep:

This is similar to the debate over legalising illegal drugs. If they were made legal then dealers would be screwed.
    But, with guns, you run the risk of getting yourself put away.I mean, if you used it in self defence and killed someone... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    the more guns there are in britain, the more people will get shot. simple really... the thing to do is to clamp down harder on criminal gun use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Well I don't think guns should be legally available. Then just any old person would get one and start shooting them for the sake of it or as a joke. Look at all the shootings in America.
    But alot of those shootings are done w/ unregistered illegally owned guns. I don't agree w/ gun ownership, but the wrong ppl will always find a way to get them.

ReputationRep:

guns should only be allowed in your own home thats it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    the more guns there are in britain, the more people will get shot. simple really... the thing to do is to clamp down harder on criminal gun use.
    well said

ReputationRep:
    i do agree that guns shouldnt be legalised but i do not agree with all the bad press about airsoft guns (bb firing plastic replicas) these guna have never killed anyone and i love to go to local wargame events and then u have stupid ppl trying to ban harmless toys.

To be honest with you id rather be robed by somone with a replica gun than a real one, as criminals will always find a way to instill fear in you and if they dont do this with toys thell golooking for the real thing........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    guns should only be allowed in your own home thats it.
    yes but that wud make it possible to shoot birds and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Guns should not be legalised. All forms of respected research show that it leads to a higher crime rate, and weapon-related death rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Guns should not be legalised. All forms of respected research show that it leads to a higher crime rate, and weapon-related death rate.

Most ppl who use guns for crimminal deeds are carrying unregistered illegally owned guns to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    But most ppl who use guns for crimminal deeds are carrying unregistered illegally owned guns to begin with.
    YOur point being?

If you are suggesting that because people can get hold of guns illegally, then everyone should be able to legally have one, then you are way off the mark.

ReputationRep:
    YOur point being?

If you are suggesting that because people can get hold of guns illegally, then everyone should be able to legally have one, then you are way off the mark.
    No, I'm just saying that the crimminals will always find a way to get a gun. Wether they are legal or not is not going to make a difference. Personally I hate guns, I don't think that ppl should be able to own them.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm just saying that the crimminals will always find a way to get a gun. Wether they are legal or not is not going to make a difference. Personally I hate guns, I don't think that ppl should be able to own them.
    I didn't really deny this in my post. If you are going to contradict me, make sure it is something that i have written/implied.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really deny this in my post. If you are going to contradict me, make sure it is something that i have written/implied.
    Just drop it already, I wasn't trying to contradict you. Much rather I agree w/ your oppinion. My post was not meant to be directed at you in the first place, OK?

ReputationRep:
    Just drop it already, I wasn't trying to contradict you. Much rather I agree w/ your oppinion. My post was not meant to be directed at you in the first place, OK?
    You quoted me and began with "but...".
    I'll obviously drop it, but it is annoying when people quote you and then contradict something you haven't even said!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.