The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Babyshambles
yay, you met up with someone off the net, aren't you cool?

lol :smile:
Reply 21
shaunomacx
wise up kids.....5 warnings feh!......i mean lets recap the whole intercontinental discussion.

*I wanted to annoy you Finally found a way!

*You like this smilie dont you.

*Originally Posted by visesh
you might see me next year

*I might too

wow......the whole pm-style conversation is thrilling guys. and totally nothing to do with hey lets all meet up and have some fun rather than sit at the pcs all day!!!!

anger.........anger leads to hate

Yo, I apologised and left this thread unil that dude.
Reply 22
shaunomacx
wise up kids.....5 warnings feh!......i mean lets recap the whole intercontinental discussion.

*I wanted to annoy you Finally found a way!

*You like this smilie dont you.

*Originally Posted by visesh
you might see me next year

*I might too

wow......the whole pm-style conversation is thrilling guys. and totally nothing to do with hey lets all meet up and have some fun rather than sit at the pcs all day!!!!

:redface: In my defence, most of the hostility was towards me.
Reply 23
shaunomacx

Well, they most likely will. It's just banter. Get used to it.
shaunomacx

No need to get angry.. You and Diamontrina together don't even have 500 posts, which means we don't know either of you very well, which means that people are discussing the topic of meeting people rather than the topic of you. Don't take it personally.
Reply 25
visesh
you might see me next year:redface:

The ex-CSLD Chair is at King's and he'll make you join. So you'll definitely be seeing me! :smile: I think a Michaelmas TSR-formal is in order... Adhsur, I hope you'll be joining in too.
Reply 26
Adhsur
I deleted my posts because I realised they had offended people. Surely if anything, this was humility on my part. If as a mod I can delete offensive posts, can't I delete my own for the same reason? I stated my reason in the "reasons for deletion" box.

As for reported posts, I am currently at work and my report posts get directed to an email address that I cannot access while at work.

You can delete your own posts, but deleting others' reaction to your post is not something that normal users can do, and to me seems a lot like covering your tracks, which we don't have the privilege of doing if we make a mistake.
Helenia
You can delete your own posts, but deleting others' reaction to your post is not something that normal users can do, and to me seems a lot like covering your tracks, which we don't have the privilege of doing if we make a mistake.

Sometimes it is necissary to delete posts that are quoting the posts you deleted in the first place.
Reply 28
Helenia

We are meant to delete them because of the quotes.

For goodness' sake, I thought I was doing a good thing - people took offence at what I said and so I didn't want more people to become upset by it. It wasn't so I could "cover my tracks" I get no satisfaction is maintaining any kind of reputation on here. I said what I thought.

I wonder why no one PMd me about it before instead of keeping it within themselves like this and thinking I've been abusing my modship.
Reply 29
wiwarin_mir
Sometimes it is necissary to delete posts that are quoting the posts you deleted in the first place.

Yes, I know that. But there was nothing wrong with my post. It was only deleted because Adhsur CAN delete things if SHE says something wrong. It was not a highly inflammatory argument, in which case mods understandably remove all of it. It was her getting herself out of trouble.
Reply 30
Helenia
Yes, I know that. But there was nothing wrong with my post. It was only deleted because Adhsur CAN delete things if SHE says something wrong. It was not a highly inflammatory argument, in which case mods understandably remove all of it. It was her getting herself out of trouble.

Out of trouble??? I didn't feel threatened by people's objections. I felt sorry that I had upset them though.

I even sent you a PM to apologise!
Reply 31
Adhsur
Out of trouble??? I didn't feel threatened by people's objections. I felt sorry that I had upset them though.

Trouble doesn't have to mean being physically scared or punished. Being upset because you'd hurt people is just as much that - except the rest of us don't have the luxury of being able to remove all evidence that we ever did that. I know this is only relating to one incident, and I'm not about to start on about mod appointments in general, but I do feel it was an inappropriate use of your powers; I'm not annoyed about what you said because I know you're sorry about it, and I appreciated the PM, but I am annoyed that you then removed all evidence.
Reply 32
Adhsur
Will I be meeting you all in October? :eek: :eek:

No. I'll be in London.

A. :smile:

PS: If there's a fight in the TSR Cam Michaelmas meet up I want photos!
Reply 33
Helenia
Trouble doesn't have to mean being physically scared or punished. Being upset because you'd hurt people is just as much that - except the rest of us don't have the luxury of being able to remove all evidence that we ever did that. I know this is only relating to one incident, and I'm not about to start on about mod appointments in general, but I do feel it was an inappropriate use of your powers; I'm not annoyed about what you said because I know you're sorry about it, and I appreciated the PM, but I am annoyed that you then removed all evidence.

I suppose I acted on the belief that I would have deleted it even if it wasn't me who had made the post in the first place. But if you had raised this objection to me before, I would have quite happily restored the posts - I actually thought people would be happy if I deleted them as it showed that I myself felt they were inappropriate, but I guess not!

Won't happen again!
Reply 34
Adhsur
I suppose I acted on the belief that I would have deleted it even if it wasn't me who had made the post in the first place. But if you had raised this objection to me before, I would have quite happily restored the posts - I actually thought people would be happy if I deleted them as it showed that I myself felt they were inappropriate, but I guess not!

Won't happen again!

Fair enough. No point restoring the posts now, as the thread has moved on. Just be aware of what your actions might look like :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending