Is Art a respectable subject?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unrеgіstered
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I don't think so because most people can do it and it's easy. What do you think?
Phi_Awt
Report 16 years ago
First , hey hey good name !! Unrеgіstered LoL

I think it is , not many people can draw very well i think
i mean A or B grade.... i currently doing art , i think it is the most difficult subjetcs i have done, more difficult than comp. and maths...
i dont know why ....
Gina17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Phi_Awt)
First , hey hey good name !! Unrеgіstered LoL

I think it is , not many people can draw very well i think
i mean A or B grade.... i currently doing art , i think it is the most difficult subjetcs i have done, more difficult than comp. and maths...
i dont know why ....
i enjoyed art when i was at high school i got a C for my GCSE but not far from a B oh well i enjoyed it you can get really into whatever your drawing!
LadyFadge
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I suppose it depends if you like Art or not!
Phi_Awt
Report 16 years ago
i really like doing art but what i like is the computer animation things , design .. However there is nothing to do about it........ anyway i quite enjoy it sometimes when i got an idea what i am drawing.. LoL
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well art does require a lot of skill and most people can't do it..including me. Don't not take a subject because you don't think it's respectable! Take it because you like it and think it will help you in later life.
johan
Report 16 years ago
Im crap at art so i think its respectable!
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Art is not exactly a hard subject as such but the marking is hard as people have different tastes and styles and it's all down to the personal tastes of the marker....same with like poetry etc
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Art is not exactly a hard subject as such but the marking is hard as people have different tastes and styles and it's all down to the personal tastes of the marker....same with like poetry etc
is poetry an A-level??
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL no not quite but in things like literature etc..
I did Media last year and got A's for 1 paper and the coursework and then we were asked a political question and I ended up getting U for that paper because my political views weren't the same as the person that was marking it (i paid for my paper back and my teacher said it was easily an A though it wasn't exactly his cup of tea)
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
LOL no not quite but in things like literature etc..
ohh.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unrеgіstered)
I don't think so because most people can do it and it's easy. What do you think?
How do you figure it's easy?
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
How do you figure it's easy?
Is art all about being a good drawer?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
Is art all about being a good drawer?
No there's alot more to it than that.
Gina17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah its also about being able to draw something with meaning or symbolism!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What haapened to your echo,,,,,sorry...dolphin sig?

Anyways. I got a grade D in art at GCSE, never got along with my teacher, me and my mate just messed around and got sent out on almost every occasion. funny thingg is, I got a grade A in Graphics. lol.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What haapened to your echo,,,,,sorry...dolphin sig?

Anyways. I got a grade D in art at GCSE, never got along with my teacher, me and my mate just messed around and got sent out on almost every occasion. funny thingg is, I got a grade A in Graphics. lol.

Someone gave me negative rep for it . on the "large sigs, irritating?" thread. Guess I p*ssed someone off w/ my oppinion.Then Elpaw said it looked like flipper humping something, so it had to go.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Someone gave me negative rep for it . on the "large sigs, irritating?" thread. Guess I p*ssed someone off w/ my oppinion.Then Elpaw said it looked like flipper humping something, so it had to go.
WTF?!? No way was it too big. Some d*** did the same to Adshur. I would give you rep, but it says I've given out too much in the last 24 hrs.
Gina17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the one you have loks good too and you still have your other dolphin on your site don't you i went on there a couple of minutes ago but no-one was online!
DJ Hammer
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unrеgіstered)
no way man.

Art is the most useless pitiful subject ever.
Only losers take art
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.35%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.58%
Change uni choice through clearing (91)
23.7%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.68%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.69%

Watched Threads