This discussion is closed.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
As we progress into examination season, I thought you might like a place where you can all discuss your law exams. You should all be revising by now!

I think many of the law syllabi are similar so hopefully you can benefit from the comments of others. Be generous and share your notes if you have any I sure do, but they're rubbish.
ForeverDecember
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is ANYONE else in the entire world other than my college doing the Consumer Protection option for Module 5?
Dreama
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
^ Nope

I need like an E in my modules this summer... But gonna go for it I've finally decided and try and get an A in each module.

I'm finding the Synoptic...odd... to say the least..

D xxx
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
What's your synoptic unit on? Mine was on duress and precedent

By the way, attack is the best form of defence, so if you go for A's and mess up then you'll probably get a D... whereas if you go for an E and mess up you'll get a U
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Oh wait a sec you two go to the same college don't you? Consumer Protection? :-/ Glad I don't go to your college!

I guess it could be land law, much worse...
ForeverDecember
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, we go to colleges at different ends of the country...Dreama gets to do Criminal Law & Tort(?) at her college...I get to do Contract Law & Consumer Protection at mine...wooo

Same synoptic module though...it's called Concepts of Law and features such thrilling topics as "Theories of Justice", "The Importance of Fault in Civil and/or Criminal Law" and "Balancing Conflicting Interests"

I don't even wat to do a Law degree anymore after this year lol
Phonicsdude
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had the day off today, and spent it playing computer games. AAA ?
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
I had the day off today, and spent it playing computer games. AAA ?
That method worked for me
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForeverDecember)
No, we go to colleges at different ends of the country...Dreama gets to do Criminal Law & Tort(?) at her college...I get to do Contract Law & Consumer Protection at mine...wooo

Same synoptic module though...it's called Concepts of Law and features such thrilling topics as "Theories of Justice", "The Importance of Fault in Civil and/or Criminal Law" and "Balancing Conflicting Interests"

I don't even wat to do a Law degree anymore after this year lol
Oh really? I don't have a clue where Billingham is you see (I only know cities which have professional football teams... seriously! I used to think there was a city called Everton xD nah, kidding).

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get to do criminal law for my whole 2nd year
Dreama
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL same college...

Doubt there are two colleges further apart

Friends though
ForeverDecember
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Oh really? I don't have a clue where Billingham is you see (I only know cities which have professional football teams... seriously! I used to think there was a city called Everton xD nah, kidding).

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get to do criminal law for my whole 2nd year
So you'll know where Middlesbrough is then? Well I'm just a tiny little bit further north than Middlesbrough...
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
So you'll know where Middlesbrough is then? Well I'm just a tiny little bit further north than Middlesbrough...
:eek: NORTH of Middlesbrough? That's unpossible!!
ForeverDecember
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not quite as far north as Durham though...yet...now that's reportedly more north than anywhere else in the world...
dappleddawndrawndauphin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone else studying AS mods on AQA? If so, how are you finding them? My teacher has *just* finished teaching us Mod 2 so I'm quite freaked - surely we should have started Mod 3 by now?!
Kev98
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Bethany*)
Anyone else studying AS mods on AQA? If so, how are you finding them? My teacher has *just* finished teaching us Mod 2 so I'm quite freaked - surely we should have started Mod 3 by now?!

Im doing A2 and im just about to finish my module and have one to go.
Dreama
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *Bethany*)
Seriously? Is Mod 3 Crime?

Hmm, maybe you should have done a *teensy* bit. Sure you'll be fine though...
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did A Level AQA Law. Mod 3 is Tort and Criminal.
No need to stress - I started in April too. You just need to know your Non Fatal Offences and Negligence
weirdloverwilde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did anybody do AQA module 4- offences against person?
If so how did you do?
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Well I studied OAP as part of my Crime 1 module, if that's any help
Phonicsdude
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not quite as far north as Durham though...yet...now that's reportedly more north than anywhere else in the world...

Well...figuratively speaking!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads