(Original post by Elle)
    Lol.. Have you seen Dogma?!?

Chris Rock is soo funny
    I enjoyed that movie immensly.

ReputationRep:
    who sed jesus existed?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There is a site on the net somewhere listing all of the contradictions in the bible....There was over 1000 when I went on it (on a rainy day)...

Wasn't Eve a black woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    There is a site on the net somewhere listing all of the contradictions in the bible....There was over 1000 when I went on it (on a rainy day)...

Wasn't Eve a black woman?
    Well, according to evolution, the first human ancestors came out of Africa. This was millions of years ago though according to scientists. If you track the family trees back to Adam and Eve, it would only be about 10, 000 /20, 000 years back in History.

Therefore, Biblical 'creation' occurred many, many years after the Big Bang. I do not remember where I read this but this is a good example: If you wanted to create a garden with a tree in the middle, and decided to plant the tree seeds first, followed by flowers..etc, the Tree would have been 'created' on the same day as the rest of the garden. On the other hand, you could create a nice garden and after completion of a beautiful garden,buy a small tree, THEN plant it in the centre of the Garden. The tree [earth] would appear to have been 'created' many years later whilst the garden [universe] was created many years before. This assumes that God created the universe in advance, creating the Earth separately which is why scientists may often confuse the age of the universe with that of the Earth.

Combining science and religion is very dangerous though. According to Biblical texts, translation..etc..Adam and Eve originated from Ethiopia (where the Garden of Eden once stood); only a few thousand years ago, which would have made them fair skinned, with long noses and loosely curled hair. Science says man originated a few million years ago in central Africa, which would have meant they had flat noses, tightly curled hair..etc.

Combining the two, we get lost in time periods and we cannot identify which is real. Maybe if there is a God, he created this 'garden illusion' to prevent us from solving such mysteries...

ReputationRep:
    Semite doesn't mean white or kind of white!

Note 1: The term "SEMITIC" is actually an linguistic term, not a ETHNIC or RACIAL designations. It do not refer to a RACIAL or ETHNIC group, but rather to a language group or branch. A semite is one who speaks a semitic language. This has always been true, despite popular misuse of the terms. Being a semitic speaking person has nothing to do with having lighter skin color.

Note 2: Ancient African languages represented a stage of linguistic development which predated the division of the languages of western Asia and Africa into semitic and hamitic branches. These ancient African or Afro-asiatic languages actually separated around 12,000 B.C.E., the ancient African languages was the great parent language of these two language groups or branches, ("mother tongue") from which they all descended.

Note 3: It was believed that the Semitic languages now spoken in Ethiopia arrived there from southern Arabia. However, an increasing number of linguists now see the Semitic family started in Ethiopia and spreading from there to Southwest Asia.(Murtonen, 1967).

ReputationRep:
    Old Testament - Daniel 7: 7:9 "As I watched, thrones were set in place; and the Ancient One took his seat. His clothing was white as snow, the hair on his head was like pure wool. His throne was fiery flames, with wheels of burning fire.

- The Complete Jewish Bible

http://www.africanbynature.com/links/madonnalinks.html

http://www.africanbynature.com/eyes/...gnonwhite.html

ReputationRep:
    I love Dogma!

Jesus was Middle Eastern so he probably looked like Isralis do now. He surely wasnt a blue eyed blonde with pale skin.

ReputationRep:
    He wouldn't have been black like Africans are, but he would have had a tanned, olive complexion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    interesting, was he?
    He was jewish, so he wouldn't be black.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus was white with long brown hair and a beard. Haven't you seen the pictures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Jesus was white with long brown hair and a beard. Haven't you seen the pictures?
    That is just the westernisation of him, since he was hebrew, he would be jewish.

ReputationRep:
    no I doubt he was black but I would say more middle Eastern looking....as that is where he originated from. The white depictions we see now are because that is how the west saw him. I mean if you went to another very religious country in Africa for example you may find examples of a black Jesus. Who knows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    That is just the westernisation of him, since he was hebrew, he would be jewish.
    Something tells me Zapsta wasn't being 100% serious, you know...

ReputationRep:
    He was jewish, so he wouldn't be black.
    That's tripe!! You can be jewish and black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol.. Have you seen Dogma?!?

Chris Rock is soo funny
    Iwas wondering who would be the first person to metion that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Iwas wondering who would be the first person to metion that.

Im putting Loki's Alice in Wonderland theory into use for my Lit assig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Im putting Loki's Alice in Wonderland theory into use for my Lit assig.
    I last saw it ages ago. What was Loki's theory?

ReputationRep:
    lol. The first jews WERE Africans.

As of Jesus he was most likey look like a middle Eastern fellow would today.

ReputationRep:
    Of course he wasn't. He was Middle Eastern not African. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.