The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Gandalf
I think that you're confusing olive-skinned (Spanish, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Jewish) with arabic-skinned (ie arabs).

And the Jews are a race, not just a religion. Mohammad's mummy was a Jew.

Actually there are 4 colours in the world they are:WHITE , BLACK, BROWNSKINED WHICH INCLUDES JEWS AND ARABS BECAUSE PALESTINEANS ARE PART OF THE CHILDREN OF ISERAL BUT ARE CONSIDERED ARAB (AND WHERE WERE THE CHILDREN OF ISERAL BEFORE IN EGYPT WHICH ARE ALSO ARABS SO HAH :tongue: ) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST MIXED RACE
OH and jewish is a religon not a race because there are ethiopian jew which are black

OH and prophet mohammed's mum was not jew ,chritain or muslium because she died when he was little and islam wasn't there

FIND OUT THE INFO BEFORE U TLK MESS :biggrin:
Reply 81
ShOcKzZ
interesting, was he?

No. End of story.
Samara
Actually there are 4 colours in the world they are:WHITE , BLACK, BROWNSKINED WHICH INCLUDES JEWS AND ARABS BECAUSE PALESTINEANS ARE PART OF THE CHILDREN OF ISERAL BUT ARE CONSIDERED ARAB (AND WHERE WERE THE CHILDREN OF ISERAL BEFORE IN EGYPT WHICH ARE ALSO ARABS SO HAH :tongue: ) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST MIXED RACE
OH and jewish is a religon not a race because there are ethiopian jew which are black

OH and prophet mohammed's mum was not jew ,chritain or muslium because she died when he was little and islam wasn't there

You really are stupid, aren't you? I don't know where to even begin with this mental depravity. Rarely have I seen a post so completely and comprehensively false, with absolutely nothing even nearing truth to make it possibly redeemable. Aweful, absolutely aweful.

You've demonstrated to me beyond any reasonable doubt that Islam retards mental development.
Reply 83
wiwarin_mir
is because the jewish faith is a closed one as they view themselves as a chosen people.

Some other faiths do not dispute the claim that the jewish people were the chosen people.
G4ry
Some other faiths do not dispute the claim that the jewish people were the chosen people.

That is not the point, they are still effectively a closed religion, so they will have a closed gene pool.
Reply 85
wiwarin_mir
That is not the point, they are still effectively a closed religion, so they will have a closed gene pool.

Not all jewish people are like that; you can be jewish yet not keep the religion. Judaism unlike some other religions emphasises the importance of continuing the religion.
Reply 86
Samara

Please re-type in a manner people can understand. And what's the fourth? I can't understand you.

Anyway, my take on this is that he could have been anything - I know Jews with darker skin and arabs do not necessarily have 'brown' skin at all. A girl who is pure (or as pure as you can get) arab at school is paler than me, but then I'm not that pale.
Okay, I give up - it doesn't really matter whether Jesusu was black or white, whether he even existed or not. While I don't practice any religion, some of the teachings in Christianity are good ones to consider. That's what was the point of him really I suppose. If I've spoken rubbish...erm its likely. Just kick me or something.
ShOcKzZ
interesting, was he?

well he certainly wasnt white.
ShOcKzZ
interesting, was he?

He was a ghetto thug!
Reply 89
i hope he was black because i wonder how it would affect peoples ideas and beliefs
Reply 90
Samara

errm- that is not four colours. what about asian people. surely black people are brownskinned too?
icklehc
i hope he was black because i wonder how it would affect peoples ideas and beliefs

I don't think it would affect anyone's beliefs.
Jesus will have looked a lot like the people living in Israel and Palestine today - i.e. not black, but not in the way he is depicted in most religious art. Most Christians understand this perfectly well. It doesn't change anything about the religion.
Reply 92
hitchhiker_13
I don't think it would affect anyone's beliefs.
Jesus will have looked a lot like the people living in Israel and Palestine today - i.e. not black, but not in the way he is depicted in most religious art. Most Christians understand this perfectly well. It doesn't change anything about the religion.

it would not change the religion but it may force extremist christian groups such as the KKK to reconsider their position.
Reply 93
pugnacious
it would not change the religion but it may force extremist christian groups such as the KKK to reconsider their position.

exactly
So basicaly what we all seem to be saying is His colour doesnt really matter to anyone with a brain. Is that a suitable conclusion?
Reply 95
Someone made a joke earlier in the thread about there being a blue race, it would be good if Jesus was a blue man. Then only one goup of people could claim him as theirs; people.
(oh, and, er... blue people as well)

I don't think you can necessarily assume that because Jesus was born in the Middle East that he looked like the people who live there now. I don't think there's any evidence of where his parents were born (i mean his genetic parents :rolleyes: ), they could have been born anywhere, so they could have been black, white or blue (a little unlikely). Are there any physical descriptions of his parents?

It would be funny regarding the KKK if we found out he was black, but on the other hand there are groups who would be able to make use of his blackness for their own agenda.

It's probably better that we never find out what colour he was. And anyway, it doesn't matter.
jamlan
Someone made a joke earlier in the thread about there being a blue race, it would be good if Jesus was a blue man. Then only one goup of people could claim him as theirs; people.
(oh, and, er... blue people as well)

I don't think you can necessarily assume that because Jesus was born in the Middle East that he looked like the people who live there now. I don't think there's any evidence of where his parents were born (i mean his genetic parents :rolleyes: ), they could have been born anywhere, so they could have been black, white or blue (a little unlikely). Are there any physical descriptions of his parents?

It would be funny regarding the KKK if we found out he was black, but on the other hand there are groups who would be able to make use of his blackness for their own agenda.

It's probably better that we never find out what colour he was. And anyway, it doesn't matter.

Well his parents were jewish, so it follows that since the jews are quite a closed race, jesus would have the look of jews.
wiwarin_mir
Well his parents were jewish, so it follows that since the jews are quite a closed race, jesus would have the look of jews.

oh for god's sake - this is getting pathetic!!
ShOcKzZ
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Isaiah 52:14 - 53:1-3

Jesus was not despised and rejected by all men, i would say that he was mostly despised and rejected by the men who were envious of him.
We do not really know what race Jesus is because we have not seen him. However we could use our knowledge and say, because he was Jewish, then he will probably be a jewsish colour which is not black or white.
kyuuki
who sed jesus existed?

who said that Jesus didn't exist? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending