Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    interesting, was he?
    nah, he was chinese

ReputationRep:
    the latest arguments that i read some were was that jesus was gay...

quite funny really.
    i wonder why he didn't write a full profile of him self to be included in the bible....

lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    the latest arguments that i read some were was that jesus was gay...
    No doubt written by a gay. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    No doubt written by a gay. :rolleyes:
    WEll they want to organise a world pride march through *jarusealum ...

*right i have no frikin idea how to spell that place

I don't know why people care really.. so what if he was gay and black. was his life

ReputationRep:
    WEll they want to organise a world pride march through *jarusealum ...

*right i have no frikin idea how to spell that place

I don't know why people care really.. so what if he was gay and black. was his life
    Well, there's absolutely no evidence he was either.
    "Jerusalem" BTW

ReputationRep:
    Well, there's absolutely no evidence he was either.
    "Jerusalem" BTW
    Thank you i have aweful spelling i know.

there also no evidence that he wasnt.

like i said.. does his skin colour or sexual orientation seriously matter?

(im not christian btw)

ReputationRep:
    I can see this is turning into a productive debate. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you i have aweful spelling i know.

like i said.. does his skin colour or sexual orientation seriously matter?

(im not christian btw)
    Of course it does if you live in this world where whites rule supreme.

BTW, that was not meant to be offensive, just sarcasm coming from my cynical mind.

ReputationRep:
    its a debate on something that has been debated a 1000 times

hmmm... **is white** **has been subjected to racist attacks for 5 years in school**

lol you can tell thats not an insult.. it has the sarcastic edge to it

ReputationRep:
    Jesuse could be pink with green spots for all I care. Whatever colour he was, he was Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    its a debate on something that has been debated a 1000 times
    But it's a crap debate since Jesus was born in Israel and Israelis aren't black. There's also no indication whatsoever that he was homosexual.

I think placing attributes on historical figures of 2000 years ago based on absolutely no evidence is a bit ****.

ReputationRep:
    why does it matter any way?!

like rachel just said... it doesnt really matter

these debate just go on and on and on and no 1 will even know for sure. for all we know he parents might of come from a diferent area.

ReputationRep:
    for all we know he parents might of come from a diferent area.
    Not really. They came from Nazareth.

ReputationRep:
    why does it matter any way?!
    It matters because it's junk history.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter people should be more secure in there faith than when people get stressed about people calling jesus gay or black lol.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter people should be more secure in there faith than when people get stressed about people calling jesus gay or black lol.
    It's not a matter of being secure in one's faith. I'm perfectly secure thank you very much. If Jesus was black and/or gay then that's fine and dandy but I'd like to see some evidence in support of the assertion rather than leave it up to unfounded speculation put forward for obvious political reasons.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a matter of being secure in one's faith. I'm perfectly secure thank you very much. If Jesus was black and/or gay then that's fine and dandy but I'd like to see some evidence in support of the assertion rather than leave it up to unfounded speculation put forward for obvious political reasons.
    i actualy wasnt on about you

some people get VERY worked up over it tho.

ReputationRep:
    he probably wasnt black but he was certaintly of middle east/asian in skin colour. he most definetly was NOT white he lived in wrong part of the world.
    you can argue that there is no proof that jesus was black or gay but niether can you argue he was white.
    there is no way to verify whether he was white or black, gay or straight, clean shaven or had a beard etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    he probably wasnt black but he was certaintly of middle east/asian in skin colour. he most definetly was NOT white he lived in wrong part of the world.
    you can argue that there is no proof that jesus was black or gay but niether can you argue he was white.
    there is no way to verify whether he was white or black, gay or straight, clean shaven or had a beard etc etc etc.
    I don't think anybody in their right mind would argue that Jesus was "white" in the anglo-saxon sense of the word. He was obviously Medditeranian (wtf does one spell that??!!) looking because he came from Israel.

ReputationRep:
    well put howard, its just the majority of depictions of jesus have him looking very much a western european not a middle eastern asian person and i think many people through no real fault of there own do depict jesus as white

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.