Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone go to or want to go to the University of York?Because if anyone does go there, whats it like? It's my number 1 choice because of the 100% coursework it has for Sociology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimmie)
    Does anyone go to or want to go to the University of York?Because if anyone does go there, whats it like? It's my number 1 choice because of the 100% coursework it has for Sociology.
    good one, they asked me to the open day and interview on 19th,nov. I delay it till march 2004.

ReputationRep:
    one of my mates, mates goes there we went to visit her and they have some wicked nightlife there you will probably never want to stay in and do any work you will be too busy enjoying yourself!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying there for Philosophy / Politics.

Haven't heard anything.

Have gone off it a bit, seems very isolated (and York is hardly buzzing either) and seems to be a very apathetic place in a middle class sort of way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimmie)
    I have a friend there who is studying maths and she loves it...and I dont think she would rather be anywhere else! She was also let in with slightly lower grades than her offer...so they must be quite nice too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    I'm applying there for Philosophy / Politics.

Haven't heard anything.

Have gone off it a bit, seems very isolated (and York is hardly buzzing either) and seems to be a very apathetic place in a middle class sort of way.
    I've applied there as well for exactly the same course! Chances of that eh?

ReputationRep:
    York University? What a dump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    A dump that got voted university of the year in the Sunday Times uni guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    A dump that got voted university of the year in the Sunday Times uni guide.
    My word is more reliable than that of the Sunday Times.

ReputationRep:
    My word is more reliable than that of the Sunday Times.
    You ever thought about attempting to get some mates or a life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    You ever thought about attempting to get some mates or a life?
    Once. Didn't work out though.

ReputationRep:
    Once. Didn't work out though.
    Yeah, thats pretty obvious to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Well most seem to be possitive replies, except for a few...

ReputationRep:
    I'm at York doing Computer Science. I like it here, though whoever said there's a brilliant nightlife uses different definitions to most people. I think it was voted the most boring uni in the country...

ReputationRep:
    Building site, actually.

ReputationRep:
    I got a BBB offer for Philosophy/Linguistics at York uni... it's my insurance against me not getting into Cambridge as it's my second choice...

ReputationRep:
    i've applied to york to do english with political science...has anyone heard from them/gotten offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    I stayed for a weekend at Vanbrugh College at York Uni in September (not specifically Uni related, but for the European Youth Parliament finals) and I have to say that aesthetically it is a beautiful beautiful college and the town aint too bad either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i've applied to york to do english with political science...has anyone heard from them/gotten offers yet?
    I've applied there to do sociology and i got an acceptance letter last week, so you should hear pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    As compared to what?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.